new plugOn TRX from Zaxcom

Matthias Richter

my ZMT3 48V lets me adust the phantom power to 45V (five) max not 48V. Is that a typo within the ZMT or ...?

from the manual:

This menu is where the phantom power is turned on and adjusted from. The ZMT3 Phantom has 5 user selectable power options:

OFF, 12V Phantom, 24V Phantom, 36V Phantom or 48V Phantom

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/20/2017 at 4:34 PM, fieldmixer said:

Makes you wonder if the zaxnet tx componts can fit in here with everything else, why oh why is it not in maxx!! Arg!!emoji23.png

Cost cutting  / product differentiating :mellow:

Oh well, how long until the Maxx v2.0? (or whatever they call the next model, probably something different than that, which will have this?)

16 hours ago, Matthias Richter said:

btw runtime with a Schoeps CMIT5U / 50mW: 3hours sharp.

So you wanna change after 2.5hours to be safe. Miles away from 5 hours ...

12 hours ago, Glen Trew said:

Yes, about 2.5 hours with the ZMT phantom transmitter, which is about an hour less than the plugon.  

Curious what batteries you guys are using. 

I doubted what I had perceived as run time, so retested today using my oldest Fujifilm NP50 batteries that I brought when ZMT body pack first came out.

I got 3hr 35min until low battery warning and a further 10min until complete battery failure. 50mw 45v Mini CMIT. 

With a regular CMIT run time until warning was roughly 10min shorter. I missed when the warning appeared. Same settings.

The shorter run time on the CMIT is probably just a battery thing (honestly haven't checked if there is a difference in power consumption between the CMIT and Mini). 

Agreed it certainly ain't the 5hrs advertised. I guess 5hr is based on 25mw 12v, but that isn't where most of us work. 

• 2 years later...
On 9/11/2017 at 1:33 AM, Matthias Richter said:

my ZMT3 48V lets me adust the phantom power to 45V (five) max not 48V. Is that a typo within the ZMT or ...?

from the manual:

This menu is where the phantom power is turned on and adjusted from. The ZMT3 Phantom has 5 user selectable power options:

OFF, 12V Phantom, 24V Phantom, 36V Phantom or 48V Phantom

Does anyone have an answer to this question? I was trying to plug a condenser mic into it and a couple times transmitter would create this buzz noise and the only way to make it stop happening was by plugging it into a shotgun mic...

1 hour ago, GAGaudio said:

Does anyone have an answer to this question? I was trying to plug a condenser mic into it and a couple times transmitter would create this buzz noise and the only way to make it stop happening was by plugging it into a shotgun mic...

Which mic? Plugging in a TX w/ digital modulation often creates a "buzz" or "hum" in a mic with inadequate RF shielding (often the case with older microphones). Sometimes a filtered cable works and sometimes it just doesn't work. I have an older Schoeps that was cured with a filtered cable and a friend's Neumann that seemingly can't be cured.

On 8/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, Trey LaCroix said:

Which mic? Plugging in a TX w/ digital modulation often creates a "buzz" or "hum" in a mic with inadequate RF shielding (often the case with older microphones). Sometimes a filtered cable works and sometimes it just doesn't work. I have an older Schoeps that was cured with a filtered cable and a friend's Neumann that seemingly can't be cured.

It was a neumann condenser mic. Which didn't have good RF shielding so I had to walk the transmitter away but the only way to get rid of the initial buzz was to plug it into my DPA shotgun and then plug it into the condenser weird how that's how it worked. So just curious so I could educate myself why it worked when I plugged into the DPA first.