my work on a film

soundtrane

Considering the odds - a difficult production, all difficult locations and other things - i consider this one of my best works as a location sound mixer. 

Name of Film: UMRIKA

Shot in INDIA in 2013-14

Sound Designer: Christian Conrad - my dearest friend from Berlin who worked in Indian studios on this project

Mix Engineer: Martin Steyer - with more than 200 credits - from Berlin who mixed this film in India

The film is on NETFLIX. 

Almost everything is from location as i heard. Very little ADR. 

Hoping for some of the esteemed peers and seniors from this group to take a looksee...

-vin

On 6/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, David Lezynski said:

Vin~~~Nice work. Cute movie. Umrika is NOT pronounced OOOM-REEKA..... slapped my forehead on that one.  Miss you.

Thank you Sire! Miss you too, and give my love to Rose... :) 

On 6/2/2017 at 8:18 PM, Philip Perkins said:

Congrats Vin!  And DAVE MY MAN!  You're back!!  Howzit dude?

thank you Phil... It's a very slow film, efven i had trouble sitting through it! Hope you saw at least a bit of it! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to hear more about the shoot! As it is looking possible I'll be headed to India early next year myself for a feature film.

From the trailer it seems like you mostly shot in more rural areas, which probably helped with being quieter environments? Did you shoot in noisy big cities too in uncontrolled locations?