Avenger A5017 for boom

Jeremiah Sheets

It works very well.  Not light, but can handle a shotgun on a fully-extended boom (with a sandbag)--great for a "boom-plant" so to speak.  I've also used it as a very high stand for heavy mics (LDCs) in an ORTF rig, and with an old aluminum boom bole have armed out a fairly heavy stereo mic over a drum kit.  Very useful--but not small car friendly.

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah Sheets said:

Interesting. The unit I'm referring to breaks down quite small, though it would be better if the wheels were quick-release.

Avenger_A5017_A5017_Roller_Stand_17_6114

I have the smaller "lowboy" version of this too, with short legs.  It too is very not light, but has worked well with a little homemade table-top as a roll-around bag-rest or ancillary cart.  The boom stand I have is like what the guy in the pic above is hefting.

After much searching and trying both beefy babies and c stands, I went with this. It's not light, but the legs are low and wide and I don't feel the need to sandbag it. It is wider than the avenger equivalent. I also really like the wheels for when I need to do a last minute adjustment. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/862398-REG/Kupo_ks300712_Junior_Roller_Stand_8_8.html