Hong Kong audio rentals?

Tried Salon (my ex) or Cinerent? Not sure of others these days but there may well be conference/PA companies that might be more suited than the cinema folks, but try them first. There may also be options in Shenzhen/Guangzhou if a fixer could do the border stuff.

Let me know how you get on since I could also chase up some friends (at Star etc) if need be. My friend used to do exclusively conference work in HK but that was 20 years ago. Conference companies might be more likely - although in fact HK is a pretty small audio world as people and stuff is concerned. What's the timing to sort it out?

If you're dealing with the public spaces like the Conference Centre it would be well worth getting in contact with the tech support there initially to find out what they have already as well as possibilities of bringing new stuff in.

Jez Adamson

I've PM'd you Philip with a couple of leads and contacts but I'll just stick this one here for everyone's benefit and future knowledge - another prod company and supposedly rental house, although there's not much info on their website at the moment:

R&D or RND Workshop - Redefine New Dimension

www.rndwshop.com

(As PM'ed to Phil just now) three other recommended companies for shows and the like:

A-TEAM : ateam-plus.com

info@ateam-plus.com  +852 2334 0988

MIX ENGINEERING : mixengineering.com.hk  (and on Facebook)

Mick Cheung  +852 3568 8730  mixengineering@live.hk

SHOW BROS : showbroshk.com  (and Facebook, Instagram)

info@showbroshk.com