Connection for external power for Lectrosonics UCR210D?

IronFilm

I've read the entire manual for the UCR210D, but it doesn't seem to specify anywhere exactly what is the connector for using external power?

As my intention is to build myself four cables (one for each Lectrosonics UCR210D) going from that connection at one end to D-tap male at the other end.

So then I can use them together with this attached to my BP-U60 battery in my bag:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1171544-REG/indipro_tools_rk301_4_way_d_tap_splitter.html

1438195543000_1171544.jpg

Should work well, yes?

MOST probably - this is a DC jack with a 2.1mm barrel. 

Tensility is the company you want - they make right angle molded cables with pigtail on the other end -which you can cut to size and solder on a D/P-tap if you want to go with your BP battery. 

Tensility is fully available on Digi-key... 

-vin

Neat idea!  Our pigtail, p/n 21586 ("PLUG PWR LOCKING W/6PIGTAIL DC16A # 22 WIRE"), should work quite nicely for this and may save you some time.  To answer your specific question:  The power connector is from RDI, their p/n RDJ-3026AE-NL.  Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics

Hello Wes,

How about the RDI part number for the locking right angle 72" Lectro part number 21747?

I was working with some of the Tensility brand cables today and the 18AWG is a pain and overkill. 22WG seems better. :-)

Thank you.

Hello Wes,

Thank you for explaining. I must admit I misread your first post and assumed you had offered the RDI part number for the pigtail cable but later came to realize it was the 'jack" soldered on the receivers PCB. I regret having presumed you would share the source number of an item you also vend as an accessory. With that in mind I feel it was less than gracious of me to have inquired. I also feel it was tremendously gracious of you to reply with an answer. Thank you for sharing a winning attitude and taking the high road. My apologies.

Best regards!

Hello,

I have been using 5.5mm O.D. and 2.1mm I.D. cables on a pair of my UCR210Ds for many years.

It seems as if the newer receiver (411a, SRc etc.) manuals include published dimensions such as 0.215 inch O.D. and 0.075 inch I.D., which correlate to 5.461mm O.D. and 1.905mm I.D.

I do not understand the apparent discrepancy but have successfully used 5.5mm O.D. and 2.1mm I.D. connectors on the newer receivers as well as the old.

Best regards.

IronFilm,

2.1mm x 5.5mm is indeed correct.

alenK, thank you for the kind words - no apology needed as no offense taken!  Regarding the dimensional ambiguities, some of it may come from past custom when our connectors were sourced through American manufacturers.  We don't intentionally sow uncertainty; it just sometimes seems that way.  ;-)

Best,

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics, Inc.

Thank you again for the help everyone! Have ordered now the parts I think I need to power my UCR210D receivers (next step: figuring out how to build antennas myself....  but I think I've worked out most of that already, shall find out soon!).