Need 3 wirless mics

Henchman

So, we are in the middle of our Fringe Festival run of "London Calling ". I bought 12 channels of gtd audio UHF wirless mics. It's working fine for most of the 12 man cast. Except I have 3 actors who simply do not project.

So, I need to find 3, better, wireless mics for Friday an d Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

Who would have the best rental on this here in LA.

9 hours ago, Henchman said:

So, we are in the middle of our Fringe Festival run of "London Calling ". I bought 12 channels of gtd audio UHF wirless mics. It's working fine for most of the 12 man cast. Except I have 3 actors who simply do not project.

So, I need to find 3, better, wireless mics for Friday an d Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

Who would have the best rental on this here in LA.

Very off topic and in the when you have time category.  What do you think of the build and sound quality of that brand of wireless and are you using their stock lav?  I have a simple audio only traveling show that I need to outfit and this gear is incredibly inexpensive.   I could buy instead of rent at those prices.

9 minutes ago, Yullover said:

Place your mic closer or increase gain in the transmitter, yes more ambiant noise but you get more clear voice. 

Done both.

4 hours ago, berniebeaudry said:

Very off topic and in the when you have time category.  What do you think of the build and sound quality of that brand of wireless and are you using their stock lav?  I have a simple audio only traveling show that I need to outfit and this gear is incredibly inexpensive.   I could buy instead of rent at those prices.

They've actually worked very well. It's the lav mics that just arent very good. 

You could buy it and replace the mics, and still be way less out of pocket. Than buyng something way more expensive. 

6 hours ago, Henchman said:

They've actually worked very well. It's the lav mics that just arent very good. 

You could buy it and replace the mics, and still be way less out of pocket. Than buyng something way more expensive. 

Holy Crap those are inexpensive! 

https://gtdaudio.net/uhf-mic.html

Not sure which model you ordered, but this looks typical of their prices:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 7.29.03 PM.png

4 hours ago, Rick Reineke said:

Yes, the (made in USA)  OST 801 or 802 are decent sounding for around $120 w/plug (identical shape & size of a Tram). The 4mm round TL40 has a flatter response for slightly less as I recall.

BTW, what connector do those mics use? The posted specs are pretty minimal.

TA3

What's the FCC-ID on those wireless?   - I sure can't find it on the FCC website.  Their website does, in fact, tout their factory in China - and their operational frequency (610-680) does NOT comply with the new regulations based on their published information  (608-614 is off limits to wireless mics)

About Us

GTD Audio Inc, is a professional audio equipment manufacturer. We have been designing, manufacturing, and marketing audio equipment since 1990. we are headquarter in the U.S.A and have our own manufacturing plant in China. we assure and provide high quality products to our clients at the most competitive prices.

Edited by Gordonmoore1
clarification - added the word wireless

1 hour ago, Gordonmoore1 said:

What's the FCC-ID on those wireless?   - I sure can't find it on the FCC website.  Their website does, in fact, tout their factory in China - and their operational frequency (610-680) does NOT comply with the new regulations based on their published information  (608-614 is off limits to wireless mics)

About Us

GTD Audio Inc, is a professional audio equipment manufacturer. We have been designing, manufacturing, and marketing audio equipment since 1990. we are headquarter in the U.S.A and have our own manufacturing plant in China. we assure and provide high quality products to our clients at the most competitive prices.

there are 9 different bands according to the manual

30mw:

518-542

572-596

620-670

718-769

20mw

794-806

770-820

10mw

838-865

925-932