Camera Hops

SeanMAC

I use Zaxcom CL900 for my transmitter. And use QRX100IFBs for the receiver. Also have Zaxcom ERXs for when the camera can't provide power. I love having a single unit that tackles both TC and Audio to camera. 

Reds have been my greatest hassle to send a stereo mix to. They need a tiny little 4 pin mini lemo (which is very fragile) for TC and 1/8 inch in for audio. I have Wooden Camera A Box and B Boxes. Which then I can use a normal cable setup for (BNC for TC and XLR for Audio.) But the QRX100 only outputs line level and Reds only take Mic Level.... so that's where I'm at with reds.

But an ERX on a camera spitting out TC and Audio (with the correct corresponding cable) is by far the easiest way for me to go.

Well are you looking for hops or simple scratch?

For simple mono sends for not too much $$$, I just use my Lectrosonics IFBT4 transmitter that I use with my R1A's anyways for IFB's, then use some old Sennheiser G3 receivers that are on the same frequency band, tune them into the IFB transmitter's frequency and it sounds pretty darn good (in IFB mode).  Great range thanks to the 250mw Lectrosonics signal rather than a G3's 30mw.

2 hours ago, chrismedr said:

since so far I only use hops for scratch and not production audio, and I'm never far away from camera:

Sennheiser G3 for scratch and tentacle for TC.

simple, small and light weight

chris

I also use the Sennheiser G3's, mainly because the same signal can be sent to IFB's (IEM / in ear receivers) and also the hops.  I will confess however I rarely do hops.  For timecode I use the Mozegear TIG Q28, which I have liked a lot, however I think I'd like to replace them with something that has a display for ease of use.  The Denecke Dcode SB-4 is how I'm leaning now, or possibly the Betso TCX-2.

Tom