Staff Me Up

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2017 at 10:10 PM, Alejandro Reyes said:

Has anyone here ever used Staff Me Up to search for projects, if so how reliable is it and are their any other resources I can use to find more work? 

Hey Alejandro, most work for me tends to come via word of mouth and on set networking.  The more work you do, the more work will come!

• 1 month later...

I keep an eye on it, might have gotten 1 legitimate job in about 2 years.  As someone outside of LA / NYC, it is typically LA / NYC producers looking for bottom of the barrel rates.  Not to disparage those areas (former NYC'er myself), just that is where most traveling producers tend to originate and in those cities there are lots of people willing to stoop way below the common sense standards.

• 1 month later...

I've been checking them for about three years and have gotten two jobs.  They were legit, paid well and promptly.  I've applied for a lot more than I've gotten and rarely ever hear from them if they don't want you.  I'm on the free plan and always wonder if I paid them would I get more work.

I get about six or seven jobs a year through them.  Here there is a lot of New York and LA production companies that come in needing a second shooter or sound, mostly sound.  Most of these jobs are for crime docs and shows that you would see on the ID and Discovery channel.  Most are sit down interview type jobs and are really easy.  I have always been paid on time, and the pay is usually what I would consider good for TV work.  Plus a lot of the time I rent out my lighting and grip gear to them as well.