Handle for cart, 12" or so, sources?

Philip Perkins

8 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

I'm wanting to add some lift handles to a cart, but the lip of the shelves they have to bolt to is only about 1" high.  Ideally the handle would be

about 12" long, and through-bolt (somehow).  Has anyone found a handle like this ready-made?  (I'm not much of a machinist.)

Over the years I have found various handles that would meet your needs, looking mostly at RV supply stores (handles available as grab bars for interiors of trailers, RVs) and also at marine supply, like West Marine. I have had to find handles for the bottom front of my carts that have only 1" aluminum channel stock to bolt to. Some of the bars/handles that I found did have to be drilled out to accommodate a through bolt mounting.

Would these work uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com<a class=IMG_0670.JPG/20170816/81049606a8c2d7ae465cab7ee3f2659f.jpg' alt='81049606a8c2d7ae465cab7ee3f2659f.jpg'>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are solid aluminum with a screw hold on one side. Normally seen opening Glass doors in the Bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk