Lectrosonics SMWB coming soon?

Matthew Steel

4 hours ago, Constantin said:

Sure, I can understand that. I love the SSM's (we are legally limited to 50mW here anyway), but sometimes I use the SMDB (SMQV), because I have an actor who I don't want to bother too often (or who I don't want to be bothered by) and these transmitters run all day. Or a complicated costume where the tx is buried...

Very valid reason(s). Don't forget Dweedle tones for buried costumes. Can triple battery run time on SM's and SSM's

Regards,
LarryF

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 7:48 PM, manuelchk said:

SSM is wide band and smaller and sounds great and has the 6-7h battery... unless the new "SMQVs" are 100mW or 250m the SSM is a much better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um...more like 5 hour battery which isn't AA, 3 pin lemo, only 50mW, and fixed antenna = no thanks

Um...more like 5 hour battery which isn't AA, 3 pin lemo, only 50mW, and fixed antenna = no thanks

Lighter, smaller, sounds better w/ personalized setup for different lavs, fixed antena but better built and stronger than 50 antenas of my smqv, better battery life than 2 rechargeable AAs for the smqv.

It's just another tool, you keep one tool in your pocket that I will keep two :)

51 minutes ago, manuelchk said:

Lighter, smaller, sounds better w/ personalized setup for different lavs, fixed antena but better built and stronger than 50 antenas of my smqv, better battery life than 2 rechargeable AAs for the smqv.

It's just another tool, you keep one tool in your pocket that I will keep two :)

An SMV is about the same size and can be paired with a lith AA for far more than the lith in the ssm. I've never had an antenna break. If they were able to get the power beyond 50mW I might get one again, but now with some new WBTX coming down the line, all looks promising 

On 8/28/2017 at 12:13 AM, alenK said:

Can someone articulate how/what/where the features desired in a SM style dual AA battery wide band 50/100mW transmitter will compare to the current LT L-series dual AA battery wide band 50/100mW transmitters?

What sort of features or differences do you look forward to? 

Thank you.

I think it's mainly form factor - along with better water protection in the SM series of the LT's.

Otherwise I'm not too sure. Can anyone else explain better?

I think it's mainly form factor - along with better water protection in the SM series of the LT's.

Otherwise I'm not too sure. Can anyone else explain better?
For me it's just form factor. The LTs are just a biiiiiit too chunky for my taste. Not as easy to hide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I do want to point out that Lectro has not announced this product (what product?). Some companies have been criticized for announcing product far in advance of production. This manual was a required public filing on the FCC site that has now been distributed by some one very widely, not by the Lectro crew. So for any potential complainers, just remember "No whine before its time".

Best in Jest,

Larry F

I do want to point out that Lectro has not announced this product (what product?). Some companies have been criticized for announcing product far in advance of production. This manual was a required public filing on the FCC site that has now been distributed by some one very widely, not by the Lectro crew. So for any potential complainers, just remember "No whine before its time".
Best in Jest,
Larry F
Larry,

I'm sorry if I jumped the gun here. It might be too late but I'll delete the post if that's the right thing to do. I should point out that this is a public link that anyone has access to.

I'm very excited about the prospect of using this product and appreciate that Lectro has not publicly announced it yet as it is still early stages.

Best,
Ben

Hi Ben,

No problem at all. Hard to fault someone for being on the ball. I just wanted to point out that Lectro wasn't releasing pie in the sky (this time at least). If it's public, it's fair game. If positions were reversed, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. 

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

p.s. We did have a few emotional phone calls from dealers that wanted to know why they weren't informed about a release. Companies can't win on product releases. Wait until the whizbangs are on the shelf and customers and dealers are unhappy that they just bought the old product. Announce early, and it's sabotaging the dealer sales of the old product and paralyzing the competition's sales unfairly. There has to be a perfect point there but we've never found it. 

Hi Ben,
No problem at all. Hard to fault someone for being on the ball. I just wanted to point out that Lectro wasn't releasing pie in the sky (this time at least). If it's public, it's fair game. If positions were reversed, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. 
Best Regards,
Larry Fisher

p.s. We did have a few emotional phone calls from dealers that wanted to know why they weren't informed about a release. Companies can't win on product releases. Wait until the whizbangs are on the shelf and customers and dealers are unhappy that they just bought the old product. Announce early, and it's sabotaging the dealer sales of the old product and paralyzing the competition's sales unfairly. There has to be a perfect point there but we've never found it. 

Ah jeez. I'm sorry. Thanks for being so cool about this. I deleted the post, not that it makes much difference anymore. I never considered those kinds of ramifications. That's my bad.

So yes confirmed and will be announced probably Monday.

Amazing units!!!!

Recorder integrated!
Wide band!
Water resistant!
100mWats!
SM shape!

And more!!!

Wow I will buy like 4 right away! Not sure yet if single or double battery, have to thing about it.

Best,
Manuel.

After a brief skimming of the manual I'm curious if there's timecode integration in the recorder portion. The manual doesn't say anything about it. I was hoping there was a licensing agreement between Lectro and Zaxcom, but obviously not. Unfortunate. Still looks like a sweet device. I wonder if the overseas versions can record and transmit? Could be firmware activated like the Audio Ltd A10 or 1010 transmitters.