Lectrosonics SMWB coming soon?

Matthew Steel

1 hour ago, Jaymz said:

So today I ran a SMDWB (w/DPA Slim pluged in) with 2 x Ikea Ladda 2450's @ 100mw. 

Red light started flashing at 6 hours. 

Complete shutdown at around 7.5 hours.

I just time tested some brand new, hot off the charger Ladda's in an SMQv at 100mw and got 8 hours in one transmitter and 8.5 in another for reference...

2 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

3:55 is all I can squeeze out of new Enloop pro, 2450... SMWB, 100mw, and a Sanken COS-11 wired universal...  multiple tests...  Can't believe the Ladda's provide that much better performance... weird..

I used to use Eneloop Pro Black's which were fine/OK but they were starting to give me issues after about 2 years of heavy use.  Was curious as to what else was out there in the nimh battery world and stumbled upon all these articles about the Ikea Ladda batteries.  I just got them last week so TBD on long term reliability but so far I've been very, very impressed.  I bought 40 batteries and 3 Ladda 4 bay chargers for just over $100.  The chargers come with really long cables but are just typical IEC320 C7 ones so I bought three one footers so they can charge easier on my cart.  I start a new show this coming week so I'm looking forward to how well they work... can't beat $6.99 for four 2450mah batteries!  I think the new ikea in Burbank has literally 2000+ packs on hand if any LA folks are looking to try them out.

7 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

3:55 is all I can squeeze out of new Enloop pro, 2450... SMWB, 100mw, and a Sanken COS-11 wired universal...  multiple tests...  Can't believe the Ladda's provide that much better performance... weird..

Something strange going on there, should have equal performance. How old are they?

4 hours ago, codyman said:

I think the new ikea in Burbank has literally 2000+ packs on hand if any LA folks are looking to try them out.

That Ikea is ridiculous, I've been to smaller cities. The batteries are at the end, by the checkouts, so best to try sneak in the exit to save yourself the hike. 

12 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

Remember James, I'm discussing a single battery unit test here, not one of my doubles... I'm sure you know that.. I think your surprised by the lack of draw from your switching off of the led lights..

Modern LED's pull about 1 to 2  mA for normal brightness. You can run more, but then they hurt your eyes. The back lights for LCD's only pull 3 to 5 mA's. All this to say, turning off the LED's makes very little battery life difference. We only allow them to be turned off to keep them from being seen through clothing.

The first LED's we used on the 30 MHz receivers, back when batteries were made of copper nuggets and dinosaur dung, pulled 25 to 30 mA's. That was too much current to use on a transmitter running from a 9 Volt battery. We thought we had died and gone to heaven when Hewlitt Packard started making LED's that were reasonably bright at 5 mA.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

55 minutes ago, Patrick Tresch said:

Hello Larry,

Will there be an option to have an AES output of your SRc reciever? Thanks

Pat

Matt Mayer beat me. That tumbleweed is on the shelf and has been shipping for a little while. Search under AES on the Lectro site. Took me a little while to find it. It's under SRaES which looks like an ES accessory for an SRa.

Thanks Matt,

LEF

Hi Larry, does the AES plate itself do the conversion from A/D? Or does it somehow grab the digital signal directly from the receiver and just SRC it to 48kHz?

Maybe another way to ask this: does using the AES plate actually avoid an A/D conversion or is it just moving the conversion from recorder (or camera) to the receiver plate?

Thanks!

Derek

Hello,

One question about the SMWB.

I understand that the device can either transmitt or record the sound due to the Zaxcom patent.

But can the SMWB record and transmitt if it's bought in the European market?

As I understand the Zaxcom Patent is only for the US market.

Will you have an European model (like Sonosax does for their SX-R4+ recorder) ?

And, why are the SMWB limited to 100mW and not 250mW like the old ones?

Thanks

Pat

On 25.11.2017 at 5:22 PM, Patrick Tresch said:

They could make a factory here in Switzerland ;-)

Thanks for your infos.

That would still render them a US company

7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Is Lectrosonics going to dispute this patent in the courts? Here is hoping....

Last I heard they were being sued by Zax because of their PDR. As much fun as that probably is, I‘m sure they are not too keen on another lawsuit

What the bloody heck, suing even over the PDR? That is appalling, waaaaaay over reaching. 

I wonder if Zaxcom realizes just how much harm they're doing to their brand name, far more damage to Zaxcom than any benefits they might gain from keeping the patent in their hands.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

What the bloody heck, suing even over the PDR? That is appalling, waaaaaay over reaching. 

I wonder if Zaxcom realizes just how much harm they're doing to their brand name, far more damage to Zaxcom than any benefits they might gain from keeping the patent in their hands.

They don't care and they know that they have the US patent machine backing their claim.

It's like someone would patent the use of motors in wheels... Wait, Is there a patent for that? Hope none gets the idea to patent it... ;-)