Delivering files from multiple recorders

M Sisco

• 7 months later...

I just got BWFmerge after trying the demo before a production and figuring we could use mine and a colleagues recorder instead of renting a bigger recorder with more inputs. The merging seem to work very fine, but I cannot figure how to get the naming right. Right now it renames for example: SCENE 11-001.wav, SCENE 002.wav, SCENE 003.wav to SCENE 11.wav, SCENE 11_new1.wav, SCENE 11_new2.wav. The take information is still correctly embedded (checked with waveagent) but I would simply like to keep the names, is there a setting that allows me to do this?

Did you choose a master folder? I think you have to in any case, but if not, that’s where file names should come from. I don’t remember altered filenames. In fact, I think the program warns you if your input and output folders are the same, as it would overwrite your original files. Maybe Bouke changed that and has a precaution added the rename feature if the input folder is the same so as to protect the original files. 

Anyway, contacting Bouke is your safest bet, but he may well post something here soon

Had a look at the code, and filenames are retained if the do not conflict with existing files, in which case they get a _new addition.
(So indeed to never overwrite existing files, as that would be bad...)

Then, today I've added an option to the patch function to omit (leave out) specific channels.
(It's more, not include in output.)