Field Recording Equipment Case

Adielees

Hi, 

I am looking to purchase a storage case to fit all my gear in to take with me when going on field recording trips. At the moment I only have a small metal flight case which holds my XLR's, couple mics, hand held recorder and spare batteries, memory cards etc. 

I am am looking to get a case to fit all of this plus my Rode Blimp and extra gear I may purchase in the future. 

Its the blimp that really takes up most of the space. 

Thanks 

Adie Lees

If you want posh then try Case Design, who can make you a custom metal case with beautifully cut foam indside.

If you want cheaper then shop around online for a Peli or Peli Storm, try the Waterprrof Case Company.

If you want cheap then look at Trifibre.co.uk

Good luck, sb

On 28 August 2017 at 10:36 PM, Adielees said:

Its the blimp that really takes up most of the space. 

I have a couple of HOFBAUER hard cases which I use to store my two WS2 and or lightly travel with them. Sadly, the larger model which is large enough to hold the rycotes is no longer stocked by Canford nor does it seem to be available on Hofbauer's UK website ... although it is annoyingly present in the product group photo.

The model I have is the Technobag, and I think it must have been the Technobag 2 (only the 0 and 1 seem available, and extra-annoyingly, the transparent model is in the picture but seemingly unavailable also! I use the Technobag 1 for other mic/amp gear and the super cheap A-series cases too, but if you could find a supply for the larger Technobag somewhere I've found it an excellent lightweight and cheap case for keeping a rycote and a few extra bits in decent shape, although by no means a 'heavy use' design (although you gain on the considerable reduction of weight compared to stronger types, and they've flown and travelled about with me a fair amount).

Apologies if I just send folks on a wild goose chase however.

www.hofbauer.co.uk

On the German site, hofbauer.de , the Eurobag 35 seems the closest replacement, and is available transparent. I'm not keen on the hinge mechanism nor the general design of the newer Maxibag which I guess replaced the Technobag range with Canford.

Price around the £20 mark, but of course that means nothing if one cannot source one.

Best of luck, Jez