Deva 24 seminar

Tony Johnson

The seminar was excellent. The Deva 24 was used live with a AES42 microphone as part of the presentation.  I am sure that the Atlanta sound group would get more feedback on this topic. A am now off to LA to show the Deva there. Hope to see many soundies there.😊

7 minutes ago, RPSharman said:

this machine looks absolutely brilliant.

Agreed! And with Sound Decices going in the opposite direction in terms of track count, this is looking increasingly interesting. 

But I have to say straight away, if the price is anywhere near that of a Cantar X3 I'll be going with that.

The Deva24 is priced at Just under $12,000 us dollars. In reviewing all specifications and features I do not think price should be high on the list when it comes to making the decision to purchase a recorder like this . The Deva will tick all of the technical, ergonomic, ecomomic and operational boxes related to a purchase decision. I am sure someone will add the Deva24 to the many comparison lists I have seen relating to other products.

Glenn 

1 hour ago, glenn said:

The Deva24 is priced at Just under $12,000 us dollars. In reviewing all specifications and features I do not think price should be high on the list when it comes to making the decision to purchase a recorder like this . The Deva will tick all of the technical, ergonomic, ecomomic and operational boxes related to a purchase decision. I am sure someone will add the Deva24 to the many comparison lists I have seen relating to other products.

Glenn 

Thats all good Glenn. Is there a video demonstration out or about to be available for those of us that live outside of Atlanta or IBC??

Thanks

Tony

1 hour ago, Tony Johnson said:

Hi Jack 

Does it interface well with a GUI? as in, better than the Nomad?? can it work with an iPad IOS??

Is the touch screen smaller than the Fusion? is it easy to use with fingers? and read easily.

Thanks

Tony

Well I haven't hooked it up to a computer it does interface with it, as well as iOS.

The touch screen is pretty good especially somebody with big meaty fingers like me. 

31 minutes ago, AnuarYahya said:

Looks amazing! I would prefer a deva over a cantar. 

However I am not a fan of those deva faders.. I feel it would be hard mixing on them since they have no grooves or tips. Mixing multiple faders at once looks very challenging. 

There is a control surface that will be available to use with the Deva 24 so you wont have to use the knobs to mix.

Hi Jack,

Do you have any more pics of the current version? Could we see the side panels please. What does it ship with? ie hard drive size, power supply, cables, Zaxnet antenna, Dante etc. Does it come with the necessary hardware to use the removeable face plate? When you say it interfaces with IOS how is that done? Is it Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or hard line?

Thanks.

I would have preferred to have way less analog inputs (or as a user option 4, 8, 12, 16), so less preamplifiers, to maybe have a lower cost of the machine.

In the last years, I'm using Zaxcom wireless and I'm going everything digital in the recorder (Fusion in my case, at the moment), so I'm not seeing when I'll be supposed to use 16 analog inputs on a set.

On other thing, to me it's still strange and funny that RX12 connector and Digital Inputs connector on the DEVA24 are on the opposite side of usb and outputs connectors in the RX12. So the cables need to go from right rX12 to left deva24, looking at the screens. Just saying.

5 hours ago, vale said:

On other thing, to me it's still strange and funny that RX12 connector and Digital Inputs connector on the DEVA24 are on the opposite side of usb and outputs connectors in the RX12. So the cables need to go from right rX12 to left deva24, looking at the screens. Just saying.

To me, that makes perfect sense. I always  thought it was highly logical to have on each device - always - inputs left, outputs right. In terms of signal flow that seems to make a lot of sense. Many many devices, in fact all I can think of, are organized like that. That includes gear where connections are at the back. 

Mixing desks are organized like that, too.

Inputs left, outputs right.

I hope we can keep it like that