BDS connectors

Ed Denton

Hi Ed. I don't know of any solder-type right angle connectors of this type. However, Remote Audio does have cable assemblies using molded right angle connectors of this type (2.5mm ID, long shank). If you need some terminating to tinned leads, let me know: glen@trewaudio.com

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, chris_bollard said:

These

Screenshot_20171020-123813.png

Where can we get these Chris?  I would like to try them out!

On 9/29/2017 at 10:05 AM, Ed Denton said:

Does anyone know of any low profile or right angle connectors that fit the Remote Audio BSD? The only ones I can find are these ones which are very long and not great in a bag. Extra point if you can give me a link or part number emoji6.png.3eed3bbebd87fb2fef01a06d66c5c5b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a terrible connector.  I don't understand how it found its way into the professional world!  

I'm in the middle of a bag rebuild/rewire. You can get molded right angle BDS (and Zaxcom QRX) connectors with attached power cable. They are part number CARA761KS07984 from Switchcraft. They are $17 each, which stings when the regular connector is just $3.50, but I've been in a buy once cry once mood lately and I'd rather pay the premium to have exactly what I want in my bag

image.png

tensility.com

available through Digi-Key... 

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?lang=en&site=us&keywords=839-1014-ND

5.81 for 1 to 9 units... 

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 3.35.02 PM.jpg

-----------------------

On 10/21/2017 at 2:01 AM, Shastapete said:

I'm in the middle of a bag rebuild/rewire. You can get molded right angle BDS (and Zaxcom QRX) connectors with attached power cable. They are part number CARA761KS07984 from Switchcraft. They are $17 each, which stings when the regular connector is just $3.50, but I've been in a buy once cry once mood lately and I'd rather pay the premium to have exactly what I want in my bag

...expensive because this connector is a HIGH DC power connector - overkill for the purpose, and probably incompatible. I have used this connector on my custom made DC distro box for the input - can do a lot more current than the usual Switchcraft 761 kind... 

Zaxcom and the BDS use the longer shank connectors. This was chosen for the BDS so that the circuit is not active until the long shank connector is fully plugged in. Remote Audio has the proper connector in a molded right angle pigtailed cable: https://www.trewaudio.com/product/remote-audio-bdscpt/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I purchased the Switchcraft CARA761KS07984 and it doesn't work with the Remote Audio BDS.

The barrel connector is the correct size, but the threads don't work.

I believe BDS plugs are designed to thread onto a jack that isn't intended to be threaded onto (the threads are for the nut only).  Pretty clever, actually, since it gets the size down.  (that's my theory, at least)

Photos below comparing the Switchcraft cable with Remote Audio BDS cable.

Seems to me that the Remote Audio connectors are the only available right-angle version.

BDS_2.jpg

BDS_1.jpg