Red Wapon and Tilta noisy Fan

Dear All I'm following this group as a guest since long time, and this is my first post, and I'm quite shaking because for me is agraria thing to be part of this milestone group. 

Now I like to know if anyone of you have experienced this new Tilta extension for Red Weapon. 

I know Red are quite discussed noisy cameras, but this Tilta device I have on set right now is killing me. 

This device has a no controllable fan that is totally separated by the camera body. 

I wrote a repairs to my production company and the answer was "you are the first one complaining for this brand new device"

i have recordings that I can upload if is necessary, but my question is do you ever meet this piece of equipment?

thank you. 

Maurizio. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm dealing with this problem at the moment. We're shooting in +40 C with humidity and the red cameras have what we call "Chernobyl" melt downs regularly. The Tilta backs are terrible, though we do seem to have some control over them. Are you sure camera department arent telling fibs? We've had both our lead actress and the DOP complain about them. I've sent samples to sound post to keep them in the loop. That's about all you can do. Cover your self and hope next time production won't bother with those silly little toy cameras.

Make shure your camera fans are set to adaptive mode 46C or even 48C wich is the max.

The DP has to recalibrate the sensor for that temp of course (but he should know that).

I've shot a whole lot with the Weapon in the Amazon with high humidity and high temp and never had any melt down nor loud fans problem. If you shoot in a dry desert you should probably cover the camera body to protect it from direct sunlight.

Now I don't know this Tilta module. Does it have a dedicated fan to it wich isn't the Weapon's one?

Pat