Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I did a recording on my 664 this afternoon and it is not playing. It was the first time I recorded anything over 50 minutes. I am getting this error on a mac 

The document “FISHINGT05.WAV” could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-12842)

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

 

regards

john in Oklahoma 4052746621

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I encounter problem PCM files, changing the extension to <.raw>. In my experience, that opens it four out of five times. Then 'Save as' back to a PCM (.wav). It's usually an issue with a corrupted/missing header or TOC. I don't know about Macs & Mac apps, but for PC users, Sound Forge Pro, and the free Audacity opens a <.raw> audio file.

Link to post
Share on other sites

it plays back fine on the mixer?

 

7 minutes ago, Rick Reineke said:

When I encounter problem PCM files, changing the extension to <.raw>. In my experience, that opens it four out of five times. Then 'Save as' back to a PCM (.wav). It's usually an issue with a corrupted/missing header or TOC. I don't know about Macs & Mac apps, but for PC users, Sound Forge Pro, and the free Audacity opens a <.raw> audio file.

what do you open it with

 

15 minutes ago, Rick Reineke said:

When I encounter problem PCM files, changing the extension to <.raw>. In my experience, that opens it four out of five times. Then 'Save as' back to a PCM (.wav). It's usually an issue with a corrupted/missing header or TOC. I don't know about Macs & Mac apps, but for PC users, Sound Forge Pro, and the free Audacity opens a <.raw> audio file.

sorry, I didn't read the last sentence. A little stressed right now

If I open it with audacity it is just a zero length file. It will not play. It plays fine in the mixer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, newzhack said:

It plays fine in the mixer?

 

is that a question or a fact? (asking because you would be the only one who could answer that question)

 

if it *does* play back on the mixer, then the *first* thing to do is route each track that you need to a discreet output, play it back and re-record to a separate recorder.

 

then the second thing to do is to contact somebody who has experience with data recovery.

basically there the first step is to clone the whole card to another media (or disk image), then try different ways to recover the files without risking any further corruption. if the files are not too important and you want to try it yourself, I've had pretty decent results with Data rescue X on the mac.

 

hope you'll get the files back intact.

chris

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is playing back fine in the mixer. I have my Zoom stereo recorder dubbing the two tracks to a wave file right now. The only hang up is there will be no timecode. They were using two  RED's that were jammed to my mixer. 

This was the smoothest shoot for me in a while. Kept my profile low and stayed ahead of the camera guys. 

 

I was working with a new client on a piece for ESPN and Paul George for the Thunder. I had so wanted everything to go well and then get hit out of left field by this issue. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holding my breath, I think this is fixed. 

 

I called Sound Design this morning and talked to Dennis in tech support. He thought it was a card issue but was puzzled that it happened on two different media. 

 

I found that you can import into audacity as raw without renaming the extension. I set the bit rate and sample rate with Little Indian (whatever that is) and it was imported. 

 

I then exported the two pre-fade wireless channels as individual files. I was able to change the time code start to what was reading on my mixer at the first frame. 

 

Done, I hope. I have those uploading to a dropbox for the client. Huge relief. 

 

Dennis suggested that I throw away the media and buy some new. The cards I have are older. 

 

Thanks for at least responding. This was a great help. 

 

regards

John in the wilds of Oklahoma. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Is WaveAgent able to play the problematic files?

It was not able to play the file but being able to put time code back was awesome.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Audacity for the win once more. Had to recover files in a similar fashion before. Used a 633 on my end. Changed cards and so far haven't experienced the issue again.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk



New approved cards ordered yesterday. I keep having clients wanting to exchange my cards for one they have. Copying with the mixer is slow.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, newzhack said:


It was not able to play the file but being able to put time code back was awesome.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
New approved cards ordered yesterday. I keep having clients wanting to exchange my cards for one they have. Copying with the mixer is slow.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

My suggestion is to always use your own approved media, use a laptop to copy to their media at EOD which is much faster than recorder copy

 

-Ken

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...