Zaxcom trxla3.5 stereo as camera link

osa

Curious to know if anyone is using a TRXLA3.5 stereo as camera link instead of CL fixed block? I have been considering this as an upgrade path with my RX200's but is there a way to feed timecode separately from a QRX etc? I have no experience with a camera link scenario outside of CL's and everything being embedded in the same signal.

-Ken

I’ve been wondering this myself. I once had a Camera Link but sold it because I rarely need to send a stereo mix to camera and would prefer wireless that can function as a body pack if necessary. In another thread it’s pointed out that the input is unbalanced.

I was also wondering if it is possible for the Trxla3.5 to receive TC via zaxnet and then embed that timecode feeding an rx200.

• 4 years later...
On 11/8/2017 at 6:25 PM, Jack Norflus said:

While the TRXLA will pass TC ans will work the down sides are

1) Lack of filters on the transmitter - which means the RF so close to receivers in the bag can possibly de-sensitive the receiver.

2) Unbalanced input

3) No option for a DC input - you would need to create a battery eliminator.

Bit old i know, the filter thing seems to be the same problem as the current CL, how much diff does unbalance input really make (URX/ERX are both unbalanced outputs), really only make a diff over longer cable? Eliminator is pretty easy. Been playing with a couple of my old tx today, and they have stereo as an option, so i set it to that, set tone, and it shows 2 lines on the tx screen, on the URX it also shows 2 lines, when i switch off L, one channel drops out and vice versa. Are my trx900la and trxla2.6 stereo and just not advertised as such? I dont have (but will make) a stereo splitter to try this out properly.