Zaxnet: what is the interface for using the features?

alenK

Hello,

I am interested in Zaxcom's IFB products and have been reading about how the IFB200 provides a lot of extra Zaxnet features.

After reading through the Zaxcom website, I am still trying to understand how the Zaxnet features are accessed with an IFB200.

Are the commands simply made through the menu and scroll buttons with the small screen on the Zaxcom IFB200 box or can you sign an appliance, such as a cell phone or laptop onto the wireless network and make parameter adjustments with some sort of app?

Thank you.

The IFB200 can control parameters of the receivers through the menu system on the IFB200, it can also transmit commands sent from a Zaxcom recorder by sending additional data over the LTC timecode stream. If you went with a QRX235 with the IFB board (or QRX100 with IFB) there is a bluetooth dongle and ZaxMote iOS software... but after the initial release it has all but been forgotten.

Thank you for explaining.

Adding more bluetooth devices to the list of things I may want to pair with does not seem like a great idea. I already have one too many bluetooth devices that I would like to be paired with.

I had imagined that the Zaxnet wireless network would prominently feature an ability to log directly on to the network with a computer etc. 

I suppose your point may be that the Zaxnet network is not using a 802._ protocol and therefore the Bluetooth protocol and dongle is the practical choice for wireless interchange between common consumer appliances, such as phones, pads, or computers, and Zaxnet.

Yes? No? Maybe?

• 4 months later...