Wireless in Europe

Kisaha

I would like to know if anyone has any info about the situation with the frequencies in Europe. I read most of the EU parliament decisions and data I could find, and what I get was that the frequencies we mostly use (470 - 700) are not secure, not even in the next few years. There is a lot of pressure from mobile companies and satellite's communication and transmissions, so we will have changes in the near future.

What is your option about different channels? 470-541MHz / 566-638 / or 638-700 seem more safe?

What about 2.4/.2.5 GHz digital Tx/Tr?

Here's a resource I found a while back when there was a chance of a gig in Norway: https://www.apwpt.org/downloads/handoutfrequencies2015.pdf

The URL says 2015 but in it you'll find info from May 2017. I'm from Finland personally, and it's accurate regarding my country at least. I've understood that the 2.4/2.5 GHz-band is pretty congested everywhere due to everyone and their dog using WiFi, and that camera may use that or the 5GHz band for wireless picture/focus pulling.

Europe is going to the 470-700 MHz range as the US did back in 2010. Now, of course, the US FCC has auctioned off the 641-698 MHz band. I would not be terribly surprised to see that happen in Europe in 5-10 years, but we don't see any concrete signs of such actions yet. So, for now, the "safest" range worldwide is 470-614 MHz (608-614 MHz is reserved for radio astronomy in some countries, including the US). 

Most of what Lectrosonics sells in the US is the A1 and B1 bands (blocks 470, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23). In Europe, it is mostly B1 and C1 (blocks 21-26) if that helps.

Our agent in Europe is Jim Bakker, +33 (0) 78558 3735 if you are interested in reaching someone there for advice.