REVIEW: Schoeps miniCMIT

Ty Ford

Same experience with CMIT in high humid environments (Costa Rica, Panama). Noise which appeared to simply be a highly elevated noise floor. Moved to a DPA and clean signal. Bagged the CMIT for the rest of the doc and took it out of my bag rotation.

16 hours ago, Valentine said:

I wish it had just come with this capsule in the first place.

Yeah, and it would have been great if my 788 had been a Scorpio right from the start, but things progress and that isn’t always possible. New Schoeps mic do come with this latest in capsule development and isn’t it kinda cool that you can retro-fit older mics?

• 7 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 7:55 AM, OB1 said:

Same experience with CMIT in high humid environments (Costa Rica, Panama). Noise which appeared to simply be a highly elevated noise floor. Moved to a DPA and clean signal. Bagged the CMIT for the rest of the doc and took it out of my bag rotation.

I am dropping the mini cmit as well and getting a 4017.  I love the sound but my schoeps have been very unreliable.

@RadoStefanov you can send it back to Schoeps for a humidity upgrade from now on.

I got a Minicmit with this new mod. Been shooting in humid places and under strong rain. No problem in 1 year.

I personnally prefer the sound of the Minicmit over the 4017.

Wanted to go the Dpa route before Schoeps annouced they modded the Minicmit.