View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

Awesome. I wouldn't want to wear the bag either, but it's a good solution. Thanks.

Also, just noticed the ProTools rig bag, what is that? Custom? It looks like a soft-case version of the SKB flyer cases (http://www.skbcases....8&c=102&o=&s=78) and I want one!

Yes its Custom... The Pro Tools bag rig. t's just a Motu Traveller inside a Gator 2 space bag. Works well for mobile music recording as well (recording at a friend's house instead of schlepping the drums to your house). The front patch bay is 3 USB ports (for iLok and keyboard, ect) and 1 firewire port; four XLR/quarter inch inputs, and four line inputs. The rear of the bag is a Furmann power conditioner, output connectors for analog 1-8 and AES 1-2 and 12v DC in. Serves several purposes including mobile playback. I know scaled down playback can be dwindled down further to just a laptop and a two channel interface (or no interface; native with a 1/8" to XLR cable) But this allows for more extensive routing options and the full shortcut keyboard that I've come to get used to having.

This day was fun/ challenging indeed.

-D

Fun! I reckon you've toiled there a time or two...

True. They shoot a lot of commercials on the beach in LA. They can dress them up to look like anywhere in the world. I've shot on all of them in LA and a number in Ventura and OC n SD. It's a lot of fun if you like to work twice as hard to get half the sound. All in all, it beats filming in Lancaster.

I'm surprised no one did the "how tall is a sound mixer joke".

CrewC

Olle, oj jaaaaaa!!!

BALL!

Stolt vliegvissen. Suveränt!

"Angling* for sound bites!" ( *Svenska = "Mete"?) *Angling

(Not going to make a little "Surströmming" are you? NO ... didn't think so!)

Jim I'm impressed! You even knew of surströmming, that's awesome. Surströmming however, is not...:S

Angling is indeed "meta".

Not sure what vliegvissen is, I'm venturing a guess at fly fishing? That's "flugfiske" in swedish...

This creek (?) is the best creek for Salmon fishing in Sweden.. however now is not the season for it unfortunately

This show is a cooking show, but I really wanna try at doing a fishing show.. What an amazing setup and feeling! Totally awesome.

Our show host is so Die Hard when it comes to doing things he hasn't done before. He just stood there trying to swing that pole for hours on end.. I saw my shot at this picture so I just had to grab it.

I recorded the first of hopefully many Squareup commercials yesterday. The job was all last minute, 10 wardrobe changes, along with the location being on one of the noisiest streets in San Francisco. As you can see in the picture and to my pleasant surprise the cafe we shot in was acoustically treated on the ceiling. Why can't all cafe's have ceilings like this, it made my job very manageable even though I had to rewire the costumes a bunch.

post-2031-0-02345100-1338660747.jpg

Edited by Keenan925

SoundWalk - L. Nikis

Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012

Original Record: 96kHz, 24bit

Processing Audio: Fade In, Fade Out, +3dB

I have started this project for my city. I'm walking and recording.

http://soundcloud.com/vasileiosalexandris/soundwalks-l-nikis-salonica