View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

post-3055-134043527833.jpg

It's over. Finally, finally over. Since January 9 I've been on set doing kitchen nightmares in Sweden. And yes, it's now over. Can hardly grasp it I'm just so happy!!! It's been a wonderful job, but as you know any job gets on your everything after three months.

So my view from the office today is a slightly drunken philosophical stare into the sun in the shade of a tree, celebrating midsummer with my wife, my brother and his fiancée. Fantastic weather today, though this June's been really awful.

Good day

Here's the office on this date in 1995, in Papua New Guinea. The director (guy with the walkie talkie)

found this image tonight and sent it to me. Great job, about the founding of the PNG nation (among other things). Incredible sounds and music everywhere I pointed the mic. Note the bloop light--still in use, and not at all new then!

phil p

post-17-0-49775200-1340513795.jpg

This was the view of my office last week on X Factor, in Newcastle, UK, last week.

4 x Digico desks - 2 each, for the PA, and the broadcast mix. In each case one does mainly the acts, and the other does the judges and any playback. This allows to Sound Supervisor (my pal Sean Taylor) to communicate with backstage regarding the next act (radio mic numbers etc...) whilst I am mixing the judging.

We also had a monster PA system - great fun indeed.....

Back to TV drama tomorrow - Ho Hum!!!!!

Kindest regards to all,

Simon B

This was the view of my office last week on X Factor, in Newcastle, UK, last week.

4 x Digico desks - 2 each, for the PA, and the broadcast mix. In each case one does mainly the acts, and the other does the judges and any playback. This allows to Sound Supervisor (my pal Sean Taylor) to communicate with backstage regarding the next act (radio mic numbers etc...) whilst I am mixing the judging.

We also had a monster PA system - great fun indeed.....

Back to TV drama tomorrow - Ho Hum!!!!!

Kindest regards to all,

Simon B

post-346-0-78196000-1340580876.jpg

Hey Keenan,

Was this actually shot upside-down? How were the acoustics? Despite all the wardrobe changes, was a boom manageable without needing the lavs? Awesome stuff with Squareup.

Yo Alan,

please excuse my upside down photos, my laptop is on its last legs. the Acoustics were pretty awesome considering the size of the room and the location. Booming was quite manageable even though there were all those wardrobe changes, also helps that I'm good friends with the Gaffer and DP.

• 2 weeks later...

This week's office: at Wildfire Post in LA for the "speed mix" of a new indie feature,

"GRIFFITH PARK 8". 6 reels: 2 days. Pictured is Maestro Scott Kramer mixing at faster than the speed of sound.

phil p

In this studio I have one good friend from Athens. It's a Leandros Ntounis.

I think now just finished the mixing for feature film called "Luton" or "Fynbos".

I have conversation with my friend and it's very pleasure to mixing in WildFire Post in LA.

In this studio I have one good friend from Athens. It's a Leandros Ntounis.

I think now just finished the mixing for feature film called "Luton" or "Fynbos".

I have conversation with my friend and it's very pleasure to mixing in WildFire Post in LA.

Yes, they have their minds around what it is to be making a low budget indie movie and make it a pleasure, unlike some other post facilities I've worked at....

phil p

My office today was the Pacolet River in Western North Carolina. Brunch with a good friend (she made a nice frittata and some sliced tomatoes from her garden, plus espresso) who's house has the river in its backyard. Trout fishing on the little river yielded this nice rainbow trout.

post-3073-0-58984300-1341783799.jpg

My easiest day today. ENG Service for Mega Channel (Thessaloniki crew, the central offices based in Athens). No one in city because is Sunday and all of people travel to Chalkidiki for weekend vacations. And me burning like a hell in city with 39 Celsious. Life is unfair. Hahaha.. No news from Thessaloniki. Take some photos. lol

In the picture the National Bank of Greece in Thessaloniki.

This week's office: at Wildfire Post in LA for the "speed mix" of a new indie feature,

"GRIFFITH PARK 8". 6 reels: 2 days. Pictured is Maestro Scott Kramer mixing at faster than the speed of sound.

phil p

You should see some familiar names in the credits ;)