View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

BF3lNdk.jpg

HAY GUYS I GOT ONE OF THEM SOUND CARTS YA'LL ARE ALWAYS TALKIN ABOUT!

Those a great carts--strong and light.  I work all the time with an AC who reinforced his, added pneumatic wheels and hooks etc etc, they are very customizable.  I bet you end up keeping it even when you get your mixer cart together--it's just so versatile.

philp

Those a great carts--strong and light. I work all the time with an AC who reinforced his, added pneumatic wheels and hooks etc etc, they are very customizable. I bet you end up keeping it even when you get your mixer cart together--it's just so versatile.

philp

I agree. I'm working on my rubbermaid today. It works more often than my upright cart does.

It's not actually mine- but I've though about buying one (looking for a cheap-o folding plastic one as I drive an economy car). I was at a clothing company's offices recording promos and it was being unused at the time so I commandeered it.

The rubbermaids, and similar can pull apart quite easily to fit into small cars. I find them more stable than most folding carts I've seen. I like to have mine out even when I'm wearing the bag alot, it gives me a dedicated place to work, and a safe place to put my bag down when i can. I hate putting my bag on the ground. Depends on the job of course.

Standing upstairs in the projection room of NDA Theaters in Manhattan while a film played below. Behind me in the photo is a Sony projector, capable of projecting true 4K. This isn't the best representation of cool things we see on location, but our shooter for the day was nice enough to send this photo to me and I thought it was interesting to be photographed doing work for a place that displays content created by our peers. One of the cooler moments of reflection in my career.

post-3713-0-83981200-1381457455_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Transition was bound to happen. Like when I went from using big box pa speakers to Bose L1's back to QSC : )

It's great how easy the DL1608 is to use compared to a big Yamaha. Compression and EQ all around makes multiple feeds much easier (this gig requires a House, Streaming/Camera, and telephone feed).

And i'm looking forward to riding my bike to a gig for once with this mixer in a back pack.

What is the mixer your using Alan?

Transition was bound to happen. Like when I went from using big box pa speakers to Bose L1's back to QSC : )

It's great how easy the DL1608 is to use compared to a big Yamaha. Compression and EQ all around makes multiple feeds much easier (this gig requires a House, Streaming/Camera, and telephone feed).

And i'm looking forward to riding my bike to a gig for once with this mixer in a back pack.

What is the mixer your using Alan?

2 weeks ago, someone had asked me whether I'm able to bring my rig by biking through the city.  Eh, I smiled.  I don't think the capability of lugging spkrs, wireless, and console is feasible.  Maybe a small trailer in the back, but ain't doing it.

The mixer pictured is an Allen Heath GLD 80 with the AR2412 rack unit, accompanied with QSC K-series.

Gala for one of, if not, the absolute best orchestra in the state held at the Niles Verteran Memorial in Fremont.  Very Schoepsy and full of DPAs.  I think the most memorable act was when two of the main cast from Never Never Land @ a local theatre sang a number from PeterPan using all Lectro handheld mics.  Got several nods and smiles midway through the song from a nearby table of guests and patrons.  Yup, that sealed the deal.

post-607-0-27252100-1384223126_thumb.jpg