View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

Sunday with the Herald Chorale of San Francisco.  Bilingual concert in Chinese translated to English, and the best part was communicating with everyone in their native tongue.  Getting this all setup and ready to go up till the last spare minute was exhilarating, re-patching and swapping cables, doing sound check for MON and PA 10 minutes before the start of first song with a packed audience was over the top. Under 2 hours total with 100+ people on stage. All about communications!

DPA on all strings and upright bass

Schoeps and Rode on brass, woodwinds, and choir

Lectrosonics/Sennheiser/Shure wireless for praise singers and program

RF Venue Diversity Fin

Boom Recorder for multi recording.

Photog taken by my amazing A2, Kevin Zhu.  Highly recommend him for your sets, concerts, and events.

post-607-0-09338900-1415096288_thumb.jpe

Mountaintop  shoot day! This was taken after the day's shoot had ended just before our descent. I am on the left with recorder in bag and boom op Casey B.  to my right. 

A bonus for the soundies to record the production hell approaching, landing, engine off/on , take off and fly away. 

The crew, 15 or so fine folks had a 45 m hike up the mountain (cam gear arrived by hell) and then back down in darkness. Got some great shots, quiet location and heli team even radio'd to any air traffic clearing the skies for us. It was a nice day to end the first shoot block!

TqxPrbS.jpg

Monument to the Revolution, Mexico City.

Got a call on a Thursday to fly there on a Friday. Found out on the plane we were shooting an interview with President Nieto. Got to the hotel at 9pm, slept, call at 7a, and the president ended up cancelling. Walked around the city, ate some street meat, and got back on a plane home. I took this at the monument. Despite the overcast skies and mild temps it was packed with people having a great time in the water. DP took this photo of me at the Mexico City airport (http://i.imgur.com/BUtRNFZ.jpg) with my stripped-down travel kit I can carry-on the plane. Beautiful airport!

i1NKrf5.jpg

Shooting a commercial at Big Sky Ranch up in Simi Valley. 

8SORupt.jpg

LA River. Was day-playing (on a short, if there is such a thing) and told it was a simple shot with two talent speaking. Show up, we're shooting next to the LA river with two talent straddling in a muscle car with all of the interior ripped out shooting two Reds on sticks/shoulders and another on a Steadycam. Luckily everyone was fun on the shoot!

Also I make an appearance at the end of this: 

Shepherd Hall at CCNY. Have been mixing in this beautiful monument place since 2009. While my cellphone camera doesn't do a good job, something about the lights today made the space look worth to share for sure. Building is a New York city classic and have been the house for quiet amount of historically important events/moments including Einstein's first mention of "E=mc2" to public. Insane acoustics by the cone. Worth to check it out if you are visiting the harlem area.

post-7125-0-82458600-1416511288_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...