View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

humans continue to abuse other humans on a massive industrial scale. this is a bigger shame.

Yes very true but no one is continually posting that gratuitously in a 'View from the Office' thread, in an attempt to promote it, and if they were, might you have something to say about it?

Edited by pindrop

More dead animals in the office?

Humans continue to abuse animals on a massive industrial scale.

Such a shame, a real shame.

Wow...really ?

You know, you people hunted both the wooly mammoth, and the giant three-toed sloth into instinction... all before the invention of the crossbow (let alone the firearm).

Nothing immoral about eating meat...seriously.

Go pet your dog and smoke some fucking dope.

best

Edited by atheisticmystic

Part of our job is travelling and part of that is food, sometimes the best part and sometimes the worst. It is a 'view from the office' as valid as any. There are many good reasons to be vegetarian - diet, global resources, climate change, animal welfare etc. There are good reasons as well to enjoy the diverse experiences of our fellow humans on this board - we all got to eat even if we don't eat the same stuff.

pudding.thumb.jpg.8802264250714e1a17d29aNot all puddings are made with fair trade sugar...  Do i turn down the cookery show if it's not or the director seems more petrochemically dependent than me...

Edited by daniel

Wow...really ?

You know, you people hunted both the wooly mammoth, and the giant three-toed sloth into instinction... all before the invention of the crossbow (let alone the firearm).

Nothing immoral about eating meat...seriously.

Go pet your dog and smoke some fucking dope.

best

Yes really, a lot of meat eating is so unthinking. Hunting by necessity is one thing, vast industrial scale abuse of animals for their entire life for our convenience when it's not necessary, environmentally disastrous, and there are billions of us, is very much another.

Apart from the fact that factory style meat production stuffed full of drugs and chemicals can't be very good for you anyway.

Didn't notice the profanity, I see your point, but I don't own a dog, the closest I've got is a windjammer but there's little feedback from that....:)

Part of our job is travelling and part of that is food, sometimes the best part and sometimes the worst. It is a 'view from the office' as valid as any. There are many good reasons to be vegetarian - diet, global resources, climate change, animal welfare etc. There are good reasons as well to enjoy the diverse experiences of our fellow humans on this board - we all got to eat even if we don't eat the same stuff.

Not all puddings are made with fair trade sugar...  Do i turn down the cookery show if it's not or the director seems more petrochemically dependent than me...

Well Daniel after six close up pictures of meat / seafood dishes in succession, perhaps the point had been made, so I thought I'd make mine......:)

Hey, Pindrop.

I do agree with your points about health, and industrial farming (the Neon Pig was completely farm to table, by the by).

Ill not be so reactive next time, and I'll only choose the SLX from a single city. Outside of that, Ill trust you to manage your own reaction, as many things hysterize my psyche !!!

best,

Steven

A (very) improvised recording session with Lisa Fischer, JC Maillard and Andres Vera in the Lines Ballet rehearsal studios. Tremendous musicians….less than perfect recording situation…we rolled with it. The ballet Alonzo King/Lines and Lisa are making together will premiere in SF in early November. Ultra coolness is promised.

p

cello rec.jpg

She's very wonderful for sure.  To me her most wonderful aspect is how she causes everyone (players, dancers, techies) to suddenly be better at what they are doing as soon as she starts to sing…..   The process being used for composing the score to this ballet is very multidirectional and improvisatory and thus often confusing, but the feeling is there 100% of the time.  Getting to watch the whole thing, dance and score be made in real time a few feet away over several days was a deeply amazing experience.  (We also worked our asses off…)

p