View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

I shared a mixing job with mixer Tom Taylor on a Korean movie called "Late Autumn". It was a very nice experience.

The movie was filmed (2 Red's) in the Seattle area last year. It was released in the USA this weekend.

Here's my cart on a set of Late Autumn in Union Station in downtown Seattle.

post-52-0-66399800-1308627955.jpg

I shared a mixing job with mixer Tom Taylor on a Korean movie called "Late Autumn". It was a very nice experience.

The movie was filmed (2 Red's) in the Seattle area last year. It was released in the USA this weekend.

Here's my cart on a set of Late Autumn in Union Station in downtown Seattle.

Nice rig Bob, very compact. Is that a netbook computer? For?

phil p

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool gig today: Gino Robair's "extended opera" I, NORTON at a 100+ year old wooden church in the Mission District of SF. It had a small old, but very wonderful pipe organ, that could play partial stops and do all kinds of microtonal and nearly SFX type of sounds, including an incredible sub-bass. Rounding out the ensemble: French horn, trumpet, clarinet, oboe, english horn, flutes, vibes, bass drum, piano played with E-Bows, more flutes, a choir that also played bells and water glasses, 3 vocal soloists who constantly moved around the space and a unique instrument, visible in one of the pix, that consisted of custom built glass vessels that were partially filled with water and then rubbed like a wineglass. But she has a special tubing system that allowed her to use the relative heights of the containers to drain water from one to another, which when done while rubbing the glass, could make the glass change pitch. The result, with the organ and the singers, was very beautiful in a very unusual, unexpected way. 3 cameras at least rolling (lost count).

phil p

post-17-0-66392500-1309926810.jpg

post-17-0-17209900-1309926827.jpg

post-17-0-63866200-1309926841.jpg

I worked at Sony stage 9 today which looks like most stages we have all seen. I got off at noon and was home early, so it was a good day in that way. I took this picture of an old RCA mic I have and I wanted to post it so this seemed to me the closest topic to post in. It looks cool, sounds bad and is only good in a LoFi kind of way. I love mics.

CrewC

post-10-0-48421800-1310691048.jpg

I worked at Sony stage 9 today which looks like most stages we have all seen. I got off at noon and was home early, so it was a good day in that way. I took this picture of an old RCA mic I have and I wanted to post it so this seemed to me the closest topic to post in. It looks cool, sounds bad and is only good in a LoFi kind of way. I love mics.

CrewC

That's a cool thing to have in your office....you should turn it into a figurehead for the "bow" of your cart!

phil p

I don't know how to do that--but I have an older iPhone. Maybe the newer ones can do it? Someone here must know.

phil p

Seems like you can upload pics quite easily if you are using Tapatalk app. There are advanced options when you post that allows you to upload pics from your iPhone library, or link to a url etc...

Chris: are you just browsing this site via Safari?

I'll test it now with an off topic pic.

post-520-131076508511.jpg

I just have to figure out how to get the smell out of all my gear, any suggestions?

Here's an old school car detailing secret that works pretty well: get a few Bounce strips--or any brand fabric softener in strip form--and lay a few inside your audio bag, cart or cases. Then get several apples, quarter them up and lay the apples on top of the Bounce strips. Allow enough time for the apples to dry out and absorb as much of the odor as possible. Sounds weird, but it works on auto interiors and funky smelling backpacks and cases.

For really severe odors in your audio bag, or anything made of fabric (definitely not for your electronic gear) try McNett MiraZyme Odor Eliminator. It's available at most backpacking/outdoor adventure vendors.

Seems like you can upload pics quite easily if you are using Tapatalk app. There are advanced options when you post that allows you to upload pics from your iPhone library, or link to a url etc...

Chris: are you just browsing this site via Safari?

I'll test it now with an off topic pic.

post-520-131076508511.jpg

Reading the forum in safari

Maybe I should try Tapatalk?