View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

This pictures shot today but the snow it's little in Thessaloniki.

In the other locations in north Greece the problem is big.

Go video in 38:38 minute.

http://www.megatv.com/megagegonota/summary.asp?catid=17650&video=0

Sorry about the language. I didn't find news to other language.

I don't use the boom, because from tv station want to view the logo in mic.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to sound like a (younger) old curmudgeon hanging on to a past, but I still find the Audio Ltds to be the only available wireless to really feature a fantastic preamp. I like the sound of Lectrosonics preamps okay and love the excellent versatility and the amazing reliability of their gear, but if I had a wish list I'd wish for an analog mic preamp like that in the Audios, which have a much deeper pool to swim in between hiss and limiter.

The Apogee stuff is outboard A-D and outboard master clock. Everything arrives at the Fostex from external sources -- digital audio, word clock, time code. The Fostex's only duty is to package up all the various incoming signals into a nice convenient BWF file for post that's written to DVD-RAM cartridge and hard drive simultaneously, which that machine does more efficiently than any other I know of. It's a big, heavy, intensive setup that's difficult to drag around, so I wouldn't really wish it on anybody sensible enough to just use an all-in-one small box from Zaxcom or Sound Devices that does all of those things for many pounds less, but the setup has continued to make me pretty happy with the end result.

"I hate to sound like a (younger) old curmudgeon hanging on to a past, but I still find the Audio Ltds to be the only available wireless to really feature a fantastic preamp."

I used to be in that club, personally defending the sound of my aging Audio, Ltd. wireless, which for me had the best sound ever, vastly superior to anything from Lectrosonics, Sennhesier and even Zaxcom. I finally had to give up on my Audio, Ltd.'s because they were very old, not frequency agile, and basically became useless in the real world. The Zaxcom wireless I have been using sound fantastic and of course have features and functions so far ahead of any other wireless... helps a little bit to take the edge off my 20 year love affair with the Audio, Ltd. setup.

"I hate to sound like a (younger) old curmudgeon hanging on to a past, but I still find the Audio Ltds to be the only available wireless to really feature a fantastic preamp."

I used to be in that club, personally defending the sound of my aging Audio, Ltd. wireless, which for me had the best sound ever, vastly superior to anything from Lectrosonics, Sennhesier and even Zaxcom. I finally had to give up on my Audio, Ltd.'s because they were very old, not frequency agile, and basically became useless in the real world. The Zaxcom wireless I have been using sound fantastic and of course have features and functions so far ahead of any other wireless... helps a little bit to take the edge off my 20 year love affair with the Audio, Ltd. setup.

I know what you mean. On recent features I was able to get away with using the Audios all the time and they rewarded me with their great sound, but doing TV work as I currently am it's just not a viable option for fear of interference unless we are in the studio. In our TV, 10-page-day-with-stunts time frame it's just not viable to rewire someone from scratch if there is a problem, and the different connectors between my systems don't allow just swapping packs. It would be fine in the studio, but since we're generally in the studio only 1 day a week changing the whole system around is a difficult sell for cast, wardrobe, and my utility, so they've largely gone unused on POI.

I wouldn't say that they are useless, but an 8-day hour-long episode action show in New York probably isn't the most ideal place for them. They were the only wireless I used on the movie "It's Kind of a Funny Story" and the NY stuff for "Hanna" and I was pretty happy with the end result (as was post), though, so under less frantic circumstances I'd still recommend them.

I dont know how to do it as an attachment....

Here is what I have been working on the last couple weeks. This picture was taken just shortly after putting the whole thing back together. I have a rogue channel strip that is stuck in solo, but it doesn't show up anywhere in the switches, or lights. Also, there are a bunch of other things wrong with it I'm still working out.

If anyone on here has any idea where I can find the schematic for this thing, I'll start believing in miracles.

Indianapolis, February 5, 2012:

post-18-0-01343800-1328589395.jpg

Patriots On The Left -- Giants On The Right.

post-18-0-07720900-1328589415.jpg

Halftime Show -- Opening -- Some singer with a one word name.

post-18-0-45720900-1328589428.jpg

Halftime Show -- Audience shines LED flashlights that were in the souvenir seat cushions.

post-18-0-08204900-1328589442.jpg

Halftime Show -- Stage Disassembly -- They had seven minutes to do it.

post-18-0-25162200-1328589455.jpg

Winning Celebration! -- Giants, happy... Patriots, not so happy.

post-18-0-56394000-1328589479.jpg

Closing Ceremonies -- Giants get big trophy. Eli gets kudos in house that his brother built.

Cell phone photos taken from Enhanced Audio mixing position in front of the broadcast booth.

Directly behind me: Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Bob Costas.