View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

My view till next April, the show called "Mr Young " a teenage sitcom. Live studio audience on Fridays. My rig is a Fisher 7 on a 6E base, 20ft. arm with a 6ft extension.The video monitor is 17 x 11 nice wide screen, with a quad split to see a 4 cameras. A special Thank-You to Laurence, for all the help and support he has given me in setting up and operating the rig.

Phil (KJR)

post-1593-130815090664_thumb.jpg

"Great to see two Fisher booms working the floor."

Yes Richard it's really nice to see two Fishers in action, we shoot about 20 pages a day. When we have a 7 page scene with 6 or 7 actors all with lines in big sets,we really have our work cut out for us. Lisa (other boom) and I have become a good team and work very well together. The lighting was an issue for us for the first couple of shows but has been fixed. Hope to get more better pictures as the show goes on.

Phil (KJR)

This is from a project I recently wrapped in Balgo, on the outskirts of the Great Sandy Dessert, Western Australia. We were helping teach  mob in the community film making techniques. I felt honored to share my knowledge and to meet some amazing people.

Here Bandy is telling me the stories of his peoples' land, in aboriginal english. English is not the main language spoken out here.  He is one of the senior law men of the Warlayirti people. It is amazing to think that until he was nearly twenty he was still living traditionally and had never seen a white man.

post-3951-130815090822_thumb.jpg

This is from a project I recently wrapped in Balgo, on the outskirts of the Great Sandy Dessert, Western Australia. We were helping teach  mob in the community film making techniques. I felt honored to share my knowledge and to meet some amazing people.

That's fantastic Nate

Last year I was involved in a project to record the dream time stories (in language) of the Adnyamathanha people of the Northern Flinders Ranges. (Nepabunna Aboriginal Community)

It was a week long project to create a DVD for use in their language program. Unfortunately, once the elders of that community (and many other communities) die, the language will be lost unless the younger generations make the effort to learn it. So in possibly less than 10 years it could be gone for ever. We also recorded women's dream time stories.

BTW: One of the problems with this project is getting the language translated for English sub-titles. There are only one or two people that can do it, but some of the stories are secret and not to be heard by women. (or, if a woman's story, men) It becomes very sensitive,very quickly.

Regards

John

You lucky devils! Just back from a shoot in the north of England where the ground is blanketed in ice, shooting ext shots this morning in -6, ah the joys! Alas no pics as my hands were refusing to work properly!

How long till Spring?!

For you 5 months at least. For me every day is spring here ;-))

Eric

post-21-130815091298_thumb.jpg

Did this shoot a few months ago. Another spin off of the King Arthur story. Although shooting was a pain (location was in flight path of Oakland International Airport and by a major road), I did meet some great people. Used a B6 on the actor in the first picture since the wardrobe was so noisy. The 2nd picture is me and my boom op "Church."

post-4023-130815091584_thumb.jpg

post-4023-130815091589_thumb.jpg