View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

Crew: yup, I'm "foreground" guy. Sometimes the best thing about being a soundguy is all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride. The area we were flying over is called the Daintree forrest, no typo there.

Jason Porter: I really love the R44's, it's my second time in one. Though, having the doors off was a little scary...

>>Jason Porter: I really love the R44's, it's my second time in one. Though, having the doors off was a little scary...<<

Jason a few years ago I went on a safety course at Robinson in Torrance and this particular Saturday morning there were 13 of us sat in a classroom when a guy comes in and introduces himself as Frank Robinson who designed the R22. He said "Have a good week with us but I want you all to be aware of one solid fact. In the next five years three of you will be killed by my product." and he walked out of the room.

I've over 1000 command hours in helicopters and you won't get me in a Robinson.

>>You say having the doors off is a little scary??  What about having the engine off? <<

No problem Andy. If the engine fails put the collective down to the floor, bring the nose up to slow the aircraft down and just glide down. Its called Auto rotation. The last ten feet can be a bit tricky but its all part of your training.

Malcolm Davies.

Shooting in the abandoned former Soviet military housing area at the Vaziani military base near Tbilisi.  Many buildings are bombed out.  Others are partially occupied by refugees and other poverty-stricken residents, some living without windows.  Towels, blankets and tarps cover many openings. All are living without running water, and most without electricity.  There is a school which seems well attended, and the residents appear surprisingly happy.  Cows, pigs, goats, chickens, dogs and cats roam the streets, which are trash-strewn due to old buildings and basements being used to store garbage.

We have raised almost $2000 so far, led by our script supervisor and Richard Bullock and myself, in an attempt to install a playground for the kids, which we can only hope will actually happen.

I have talked to the producer I know to help me ensure that all the burned out tanks and vehicles we brought in will be removed.  I get the impression the intent was simply to leave it all behind.  There seems to be very little respect here for the less fortunate.

The last photo is in Tbilisi.  Raining.  Wet, painted railings with wet shoes.  Seems G & E are the same all over the world.

post-485-130815082972_thumb.jpg

post-485-130815082976_thumb.jpg

post-485-130815082981_thumb.jpg

post-485-130815082986_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday, I was on a shoot about women who do traditionally guy stuff. 12 women, from early 20's to mid 60's went deer hunting. The one who shot this 7 point buck was probably in her mid-late 50's, and on her first ever hunting trip. Her first and only shot; right through the heart.

Redimensionnement+de+7+nov+2009+013.jpg

There was also this white, moss-looking stuff on the ground. WTF is that?

Hey Jim,

I'm guessing that's an i/o above your board, could you tell us what it is?

And André, I think I would've fainted at the sight of that deer hanging like that...

thanks!

-greg-

Yes, it is, Greg. It's an M-Audio Profire 2626. It's not the greatest, only OK-ish..... mostly Im not happy with the I/O mixer and matrix. I'm currently shopping for a replacement.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes, it is, Greg. It's an M-Audio Profire 2626. It's not the greatest, only OK-ish..... mostly Im not happy with the I/O mixer and matrix. I'm currently shopping for a replacement.

Best regards,

Jim

Looking Good Jim, say hello to Lorenzo for me. Now all you need is some snow studs on the cart for a little traction.