View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

I'd guess the beach/shoreline is the one I've recorded the most. I've had jobs where that was the only reason I was there.;~) Crazy.

It almost always sounds the same unless the nature of the beach has a lot of variation. The best I've recorded is from a distance with seagulls lightly squawking.

BTW, nice picture John. The old mixer and the Sea.

CrewC

Washington V Seattle Monday nite Football

Uh-oh... the NFL might fine you $10,000 for not wearing Bose.

====

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/10/09/now-hear-this-kaepernick-fined-10000-for-wearing-non-bose-headphones/

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision to sport his “Beats by Dre” headphones after Sunday’s win over Kansas City came with a price.

Today, Kaepernick, a “Beats by Dre” spokesman, said he was fined $10,000 for wearing the pink headphones to his postgame press conference. Last week, the NFL struck a deal with Bose that prohibits players from wearing non-Bose headphones when they appear on camera in the 90 minutes after a game.

Will Kaepernick pay the fine, or will “Beats,” which benefits from the exposure when Kaepernick sports their product, pick up the tab?

“We’ll let that be unanswered,” he said.

=====

btw- fun picture John.

A way back view from the office... It was 1993. Back then my brother Moe was my Boom man. It was a Thursday morning and Roger Daniell calls me up and asks if I want to work with Pytka on Friday. Sure. Love to. Rog says Joe wants to do it multitrack. Hmm. Back them our recorders were 2 track. "How many actors"? 12 to 14 Rog says. I should of said I was sick because I had no way of doing this but I had a vague idea how I might be able to do it. Then Rog says it is in South San Francisco the next day. Holy Shitoleee... 
So I drive up to Location sound and rent 2 DA88"s (8 track recorders from Teac), a big Mackie Mixer, and 10 radio mics, (I only had 4). The good folks at LSC gave me a brief tutorial and I was on my way back to Fullerton to get it all together for tomorrows gig. 
Moe and I had a 9:00am call in So Frisco. We leave LA at 3:00am and drive north. We got there right before our 9 o'clock call at a 1890s corner barbershop. We commandeered a table in the back of the shop and set it all up hoping for the best......
That was the longest day ever. During the course of the day we shot 10 Nike commercials as various basketball players came to the set and played themselves. I never stopped rolling/recording. Moe was wiring and un wiring all the players as they came and went. My favorite moment of the day was about 8 hours into the shoot when I solo'd a track to hear a Player ask Moe, "We in the house"?... Moe had never heard the expression before and said, "No. We're in the barbershop".... 
Somehow it all worked. Never wanting to do this again I charged 4x's the rate plus a prep day and 2 travel days. Didn't work. Pytka did it this way for years to come. 
Here is a picture of me and all the gear before we rolled on that crazy day. My 1st multitrack recording.

post-10-0-58325900-1413672514_thumb.jpg