Lectrosonics SR9VBP battery pack

alenK

Hi,

The Lectrosonics SR9VBP battery pack seems like a clever backup system for use with devices that use SONY L series 7.2vDC batteries. 

Does it just place two 9vDC batteries in parallel for or is there some sort of regulation?

Thank you.

Hi Alen,

The batteries are simply in parallel. There is no regulation, as the SR series has regulation built in. A regulator in the battery pack would just be a waste of power (and money). This pack was seen a quick way to run off batteries from the drugstore, if there were no power or time for recharging the L series batteries.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Keep in mind, the SRs draw relatively low current (~150mA, IIRC), which works well with 2 9V cells.  If you try it with other equipment that takes an L-Mount, say a Sound Devices 7-Series or 6-Series recorder, your run time would be measured in minutes.  Also, if said equipment had internal charging for the L-Mount, like the 7-Series, that would cause problems as well.

I hacked ( iwarranty voiding- hard to reverse i am sure) ) mine to run in series and have higher voltage... .  More as an experiment- my goal was to use it as short term battery source for SL-6/688 setup and have more than a few seconds between power down on the SL-6 on a battery change.  More of an emergency backup that allowed me to get several minutes( with two fresh ipowers) so that a panicked battery change has less panic.  If Sl-6 battery change is not done quickly and shuts down-  the entire rig needs to rebooted to "resync" the SL-6 so that it passes audio again...    Just trying to avoid having to carry two NP-1s....   

2 hours ago, Matt Mayer said:

Keep in mind, the SRs draw relatively low current (~150mA, IIRC), which works well with 2 9V cells.  If you try it with other equipment that takes an L-Mount, say a Sound Devices 7-Series or 6-Series recorder, your run time would be measured in minutes.  Also, if said equipment had internal charging for the L-Mount, like the 7-Series, that would cause problems as well.

Thanks for the safety warning.

LEF