MixPre 10t output level

Emory Murchison

Has anybody figured out the reference output level of the new MixPre series mixers? It says max output is +7.8dBu, but does that correspond to 0DBFS?

Hooking up line level to a camera doesn't seem to work because the level is quite low. How are you folks doing it?

Emory

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Which camera are you referring to ?

Sony f5.
But I tried also feeding tone into my 302 set to line and I also had to almost max out the gain to get 0dBu.
After a few experiments I figured out that the x1x2 output is an exact level match for the tape out/mix in on the 302. From the specs I'm guessing the main LR out has the same level.

I was really hoping to fall in love with this unit but sofar not so much. Also no level meter when adjusting gain! Yikes.

On 15/01/2018 at 4:57 AM, Emory Murchison said:

Sony f5.
But I tried also feeding tone into my 302 set to line and I also had to almost max out the gain to get 0dBu.
After a few experiments I figured out that the x1x2 output is an exact level match for the tape out/mix in on the 302. From the specs I'm guessing the main LR out has the same level.

I was really hoping to fall in love with this unit but sofar not so much. Also no level meter when adjusting gain! Yikes.

I don't think it is an accident that it only outputs Tape Level.