Behrigher banned...

Sergio Sanmiguel

They haven't had Behringer stuff in awhile.  My local audio store (Leo's, in Oakland) doesn't stock them either because they demand a high minimum order and that's not going to work for a small place like theirs.  Some Behringer stuff is fine (and very cheap), but the QC isn't very good and I'm not sure they do service at all.  It also seems like a lot of the Chinese manufacturers are trying to bring in their gear under names they own themselves--no better gear but a more straightforward supply chain.  (But it's all pretty low end stuff....)

Philip Perkins

Interesting.

Tho I stopped reading at: "If you're looking for quality musical gear we stand behind many manufacturers including Peavey.."

I remember a Behringer salesman at '96 AES showing me that they didn't copy Mackie's 8 bus desk because the aux and EQ sections were different.

Sure, on one desk, the EQ was on top and on the other the auxes were on top.

Amazing how cheap you can sell stuff for when you don't have to spend much $ on R&D.

BTW...

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/not_available/oktava.php

Yep!

Who's next?

This is too bad, because the Oktava MC012 is actually a pretty good mic for not a lot of money.  But after all the nonsense about Chinese fakes and it turning out that the English distributor (ASM), the Russian factory AND the Chinese who had had some parts subbed out to them were mixing and matching Chinese and Russian parts there for awhile (the famous Oktava dump at Guitar Center) I can see why they wouldn't want to mess with them--too many cheap decent alternatives.  The Sound Room still has real Russian MC012s w/ the 10 db pad and the clip for $250.

I use them a lot on music gigs when I run out of Schoeps, and they've worked great.  On a boom.....they kind of suck.  (Almost no shock mounting.)

Philip Perkins