Rupert Neve RMP-D8

VASI

I saw these and was kinds of bummed out when I sae that they run on AC power, but also kind of expected it. 

What I'd really like to see if a 1u rack that runs of DC and can convert 8 analog signals to 8 AES tracks. 

What are people using to take advantage of the track count of their Cantar X3s ehen using Lectrosonics Venues?

Neve preamps are not neutral; okay if you are looking for preamps with "character" for music.  Not for me thanks.  The Sonosax are lovely, no doubt, but they are not listed as available with Dante yet and oh, SO expensive.  The Grace m108 preamps are beautiful, neutral pres with top-of-the-line converters, AES and analog out, available with a Dante card, not cheap but not what the Sonosax costs.  Yes, they only work on AC.  Y'all should have bought my pure sine wave 12VDC to 110VAC inverters when you could. :)

D.

Nice device but "only" studio use (IMMO) (For "color" lovers), to big and poor channel count for our needs. I use sometimes (Location music), my DAD AX32, 2U and up to 48 preamps + ADC, much more practical (Size) ) and also a digital pach (Madi to Dante to AES and PT), I just use a inverter (12V to 230V). 

The news here is, Rupert Neve has been deployed the first A/D in his product, for the first time in (his) history. A passionate of analog stream and pionner of Class A mic preamp with custom transformer. This product is not going to fit exactly (or designed) in motion pictures and film industry; that's for sure. A music sound cart for small - medium live venues or bands etc; is going to fit. Interesting comparison with DAD AX32 in terms of available features.