Zaxcom TRXCL3

Ze Frias

I hadn't thought about using it for a board feed, but it makes sense.  It'd be easy to bongo tie a half np1 or similar to the side, which would run all day.  A trx743 works well for this, even though you have to pad a line level signal.  I wish they made a stereo cone with an inline pad for this.

I agree that you could bongo tie an NP1 for power. My thought is that a new updated product should do more than just be wide band if it costs 2k+.

And it seems it’s positioned at the customer base that already owns a Camera Link system.

Especially when even with the 600mhz auction they don’t want to reblock Camera Links... but they basically release the same product... 

Anyways thats another reason I was saying I’d prefer another 743 over a CL3 for the price b/c of the 743s versatility over a CL3 at the price.

• 4 months later...

I just got mine today. Anybody else having issues with the unit getting very hot? Also, timecode seems to be ok, but the frames read-out on the timecode display jumps around and doesn't run through smooth...I wonder if this is related to the temperature issue? If I'm missing something obvious, please let me know. I'm a new owner. I've attached a video to show everyone what I'm talking about. I've tried different cables. Resetting.

It is worth mentioning that my RX200's are displaying TC just fine...but it still makes me nervous...