Zaxcom Bluetooth

KGraham045

I recently got a SD MixPre6 for Ambisonic Recordings.One very cool feature about the SD is the Bluetooth/Wingman connectivity. 

It would be great to see a Zaxcom Device that would have built in Bluetooth connectivity. Would have been cool if the CL3 had Bluetooth built in to be able to Receive Remote Control commands to a Mixer/Recorder from a smart phone.

I am aware of the Bluetooth Zaxcom Dongle. Sound Devices was able to put this in their budget friendly line. With Zaxnet being so important to Zaxcom users why not make it useable with a smart phone without having a QRX with IFB?

If Sound Devices can do it why cant Zax?

Could you build the Zaxnet Dongle Into say a Camera Link or Recorder/Mixer. So we could use Zaxmote without having to purchase a dongle? Or without having to have a QRX with IFB option?

i had to drop my bag In a car yesterday on a reality show. Talent locked the picture Car ran inside for an hour and I had to  leave my nomad Recording for an hour. It would be great to be able to cut/roll remotely with a smartphone

It would be great to also be able to see metering. As that’s how I knew if talent was coming back to the vehicle.  And I could’ve been able to start rolling again without having to bother talent once I saw signal on my smartphone

3 hours ago, KGraham045 said:

Could you build the Zaxnet Dongle Into say a Camera Link or Recorder/Mixer. So we could use Zaxmote without having to purchase a dongle? Or without having to have a QRX with IFB option?

i had to drop my bag In a car yesterday on a reality show. Talent locked the picture Car ran inside for an hour and I had to  leave my nomad Recording for an hour. It would be great to be able to cut/roll remotely with a smartphone

It would be great to also be able to see metering. As that’s how I knew if talent was coming back to the vehicle.  And I could’ve been able to start rolling again without having to bother talent once I saw signal on my smartphone

If Zaxcom would add Transport control to the Nomad Touch software ,(plus the Bluetouch dongle)  something similar could be achieved