Look Who The Cat Dragged In

Richard Lightstone, CAS

It is sad, if not pathetic, to consider what the leadership of this union has wrought upon this business. It is hard to say whether this knucklehead is any worse than his successors in their collective inability to achieve ANYTHING. After almost nine months we are at the point where the "last, best and final offer" might become ratified by inaction. So be it.

When the dust finally settles we'll miss SAG if only for their contractual umbrella which also served to keep us out of the rain - think turnarounds, "weekends", and other considerations which we are no longer strong enough to muster for ourselves.

And lest we start feeling too smug, let's wait and see how our vote tallies up. We might well have our own bitter pill to choke down.

Aren't I a cheery fellow?

---steve nelson

(steve nelson the mixer, not the other production sound guy steve nelson, nor the sound editor steve nelson, nor nelson stoll who's also a mixer in SF, nor any of the other 26 guys on imdb called "steve nelson" I'm tired of getting your email, bills, invitations, etc etc)

(you know what? I feel a little better after that. thanks for listening!)