ZHD96

Tony Johnson

Hi All,

I have trolled the site to find reviews of ZHD96 but not sure if anyone has posted on this before. I have seen Jack Norflus review of ZHD but not sure if its 48 or 96.

My question is. Does ZHD96 make a huge difference to range. I believe that ZHD48 does but i do not want to go down that route, latency, dedicated receivers etc. But i could be into zhd96 but would like to know of any real world experiences over the regular US mono or XR. 

Cheers

Tony

Ha funny thats meant to read Trawled the site not Trolled the site, thats something quite different

Hello, I like both. I use z96 mostly.  Maybe you should try doing what I should try doing. You get on set,  hand the P.A. one of each, tell Aruly, "hey go walk for 2 minutes, then come back."  All the while watching the meters, see what it says. Does anybody dislike my idea?

Thanks, Martin

39 minutes ago, MartinTheMixer said:

Hello, I like both. I use z96 mostly.  Maybe you should try doing what I should try doing. You get on set,  hand the P.A. one of each, tell Aruly, "hey go walk for 2 minutes, then come back."  All the while watching the meters, see what it says. Does anybody dislike my idea?

Thanks, Martin

Hi Martin,

I dont dislike your idea but i have tried that it i don't believe it gives a real world test. Often the difficulties arrive when the crew are all set up, lots of RF and people and equipment in the way. Example being when the Techno crane comes between me and the xmitter i often get a reduction in range and dropouts.

Glenn has answered it and i guess the initial test with Jack thru Manhattan were done on ZHD48 which i think would have huge gains but its not for me. My decision is what part of the spectrum to go for and weighing up whether ZHD96 and the tighter bandwidth will allow me to dodge local TV channels.

Thanks

Tony

Tony,  As far as the spacing goes,  I have done experiments with the spacing and you can pack them in really tight. When I 1st started using 96,  I would scan and it would put me right next to the frequency that was right before or one of the other ones I had already scanned and had entered in the previous transmitter scans. I felt like I was in a Money Python skit because I feel like I should be asking the receiver in a thick British accent "Are you serious about that frequency, really, you kant be serious". But it works great. But I still sit there and look at the frequencies and go man that's close.

Sincerely, Martin