SKB Cart

Brent Lestage

Thanks, Philip... Yes, I can lift both cases by myself (though they are heavy) and you are correct -- the top is all electronics; the bottom storage. Ironically, the bottom weighs a bit more than the top case (which is good). I break it down as opposed to leaving it all together... fitting it into a small SUV. I do use my laptop computer velcro'd to the top of the top case. It's a little awkward there, but I feel more confident with it there than on a a magic arm/plate.

Brent

With the storage in the bottom box will you still need a follow cart? 

Philip Perkins

Trying to avoid having to use a follow cart, but will still need a prep area for boom and still have a couple of small bags/cases to haul around -- so... I will probably continue to use my compact Rock-N-Roller cart. I have the one that has mounts for (2) carpeted shelves.

Brent

Nice job on the cart. I am thinking about making something close to that.

I have a SKB 12 space shock mount case...(it's overkill but i got a great deal on it).

I'm going to get a Rock-N-Roller cart to carry the case around. Is the cart wide enough for 2 12 space racks?

Nice job on the cart. I am thinking about making something close to that.

I have a SKB 12 space shock mount case...(it's overkill but i got a great deal on it).

I'm going to get a Rock-N-Roller cart to carry the case around. Is the cart wide enough for 2 12 space racks?

Thanks... A Rock-N-Roller cart is expandable lengthwise, so you should have no problem placing (2) 12U rack cases side by side. The only issues I see is that the cart base is very narrow side-to-side and might be a little too rickety (loose) for the larger, beefier shock mount cases.

Brent

• 9 months later...

I'm currently building my first cart and was planning on the Rack case route.  I found a company that makes a magliner wanna-be for a about half the cost.  Looks pretty good.  It's from this company Wesco.  I think it's the Spartan JR. 

I was originally thinking about the Rock n Roller, but they've been really hard to get for some reason.

J. Hemmerlin