K-Tek Squid Universal Mount & and other transmitter solutions

Adam White

Hey!

Who is using this product?

https://ktekpro.com/product/ksqd1-k-tek-squid-universal-mount/

Has everyone tested it with their favourite transmitters? I see a Zaxcom in the photos, but what about Lectro HMA, Sennheiser SKP, etc? Insert photos if you have them.

I haven't gone wireless on the boom yet but this seems like a great solution to keep the weight (and the controls) at the operator's end of the pole rather than the microphone end.  Is it better and/or more versatile more than the sidekick transmitter module by K-tek?

cheers

Adam

I bought a K-Tek Squid last month and it's wonderful. Very classy and sturdy. There's a small learning curve for being able to quickly and efficiently attach the transmitter, but you get used to it pretty fast. I use it with my Sony UTX-P03 plug on, which is of comparable size to other plug-on transmitters. Definitely worth a buy!

28795696_1381132852032289_4179561310008115200_n.jpg

28783707_1381132918698949_7160549031846871040_n.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Adam White said:

I bought a KTEK squid today thinking that I could use it to hold a transmitter at the base of my boom. Wrong! It's not big enough! Looks like it's designed only to wrap around the diameter of the top of the pole (or a bike handlebar).

Hey Adam— you really need to stretch the squid thoroughly before you use it.

I use mine on the base. It takes some finagling to secure the rounded edges of my HM but once it’s on there’s it’s very secure. 

Cheers,

Evan