Sanken Cs-M1 new mike

tonymuricy

For me…

rycote inv-lite 19 For indoors

zep no10 for outdoors with olde skool rycote rubberbands and connbox (others recommended cinela but this setup worked best for me personally with some frankensteining parts on hand after lots of trial and error battling handling noise)

1 hour ago, Jim Feeley said:

OK all you CS-M1 aficionados... What mounts are you using with it?

I have the INV-6 (black) and INV-6 Heavy (Gray) depending on if I'm using a furry or doing more running and gunning. 

I also use the Gray INV-6 with my DPA 4017c, as the black has a bit too much flx even with foam

On 9/20/2021 at 11:36 PM, goodgoings said:

Thanks osa for your answers. Seems as though you really love your cs-m1. Since you have other mics, would there be any situations you would use a different mic than the cs-m1 in interior spaces?

Absolutely! Inside a vapid indoor practice field? Inside a large stage? Large warehouse?? Wideshots on top of the above? The cs-m1 would not be my 1st choice

• 2 months later...

Hi every one i'm a new user of the sanken CS M1 and asked directly osix's founder. The e-osix 4017C (designed for dpa) is "the most suitable mount for this mic". It really works well for me but with the standart foam you can't really move without hearing the air...i tried the small spacer kit but there's not enoutgh space between the mic and the osix so I switch to INV when moves are needed.

I just bought two of these mics finally. I’m using the rycote INV mount with black lyres in cold weather with a bubblebee windkiller indoors and outdoors. will have to put a grey/hard lyre on the front in the summer i suspect. the black ones get mushy in the sun.  haven’t bought a blimp yet, but may try and use my mkh50 blimp.

i bought these for a show that needs good/small camera mics, and plan and ditching my 50’s after the show and moving to these. only boomed on day with them just to test them

out, but they were pretty nice to swing. light!  handling noise with a ktek classic pole and the tiny inv-6 mount was not an issue at all. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally have had the most success with the invision lite 19 mm But it’s a combination of the pole and mount that I think might help with my handling noise. I’m using a loon boom pole which unfortunately they don’t make any more. When it comes to Zeppelin‘s I had to go back to older ring style and a con box to find the right mix of rycote bits to help with handling noise and that seems to work well for me. 

721D2B78-08C9-45E4-B2AD-4A9EF94BAF53.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 7:20 AM, osa said:

I know its a matter of personal taste - but i have 2x mkh50’s and 2x cs-m1’s in my kit among various others. The 50’s have collected a lot of dust. The sankens have become my go-to for almost everything. I love the sound of them, the gain and the reach - the sanken checks all the boxes mentioned for me. 

ha!  same with me.  have 2 of each.  liking the sankens way more.  really like them for wide/tight/slider 3 cam interviews.  there's enough reach to get it done for the wide and not rely on the wire or a longer shotgun that would be less forgiving with subject movement in the chair.  The 50 doesn't cut it in that situation.  it's a lovely sounding mic in lots of situations.  I use it indoor and out.  not loving my mount though.  I still put it in my old senny blimp that I use for the 50.  It's fine, but not ideal.  Like the look of the Medium cosi perhaps.  I have the INV mount with the black lyres (the light ones) and a bubblebee for interiors.  super light.  love it.    

• 8 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 10:04 AM, osa said:

I personally have had the most success with the invision lite 19 mm But it’s a combination of the pole and mount that I think might help with my handling noise. I’m using a loon boom pole which unfortunately they don’t make any more. When it comes to Zeppelin‘s I had to go back to older ring style and a con box to find the right mix of rycote bits to help with handling noise and that seems to work well for me. 

721D2B78-08C9-45E4-B2AD-4A9EF94BAF53.jpeg

Hey, does this mount actually have room for the foam?  looks super tight.  thought about this one but wasn't sure i could make it go.  i'm leaning more and more towards cinela after using my INV6 for the last year. still pretty rough for handling noise. older carbon k-tek pole. 

4 hours ago, Sandor Gyurkovics said:

Hey, does this mount actually have room for the foam?  looks super tight.  thought about this one but wasn't sure i could make it go.  i'm leaning more and more towards cinela after using my INV6 for the last year. still pretty rough for handling noise. older carbon k-tek pole. 

Yes the foam fits perfect for indoor use with space around it still clearing the mount bits