tonymuricy

Sanken Cs-M1 new mike

On 9/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, Eric Toline said:

Now available a Rycote Zepp for the CS-M1, $88.00

Rycote Zepp for Sanken CS-M1.png

What is the product code for this? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Is it the INV-6 HG?

Cheers,

Evan

There is also an interesting Cinela Cosi for this microphone. Has anyone used one? Is it significantly better than the classic softie design (and its variations)?

It is 4 times the price of the Rycote, costs almost as much as the mic itself!

On 9/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, Eric Toline said:

I think that if you replaced the fur on the new windscreen for the CS-M1 with a BBG structure/frame of the same size you would have a winner in my mind.

Very interesting idea Eric, will give it a thought. Thank you

However, as we would need some new tools to make this happen it won't be an easy decision to take, and I'm afraid it wouldn't be available soon. Anyway, it's definitely worth considering.

Cheers

Timo

5 hours ago, TimoK said:

Very interesting idea Eric, will give it a thought. Thank you

However, as we would need some new tools to make this happen it won't be an easy decision to take, and I'm afraid it wouldn't be available soon. Anyway, it's definitely worth considering.

Cheers

Timo

Another vote for a 19mm BBG, that works on short mics. That diameter has MKH8050, DPA4018C, and the Sanken CS-M1. All of which are short body mics that need a good wind solution. (The Cosi looks great, but steep at $529) If you can get close to $250 for the mount, bbg, and furry, you'll really have a winner.

5 hours ago, Shastapete said:

Another vote for a 19mm BBG, that works on short mics. That diameter has MKH8050, DPA4018C, and the Sanken CS-M1. All of which are short body mics that need a good wind solution. (The Cosi looks great, but steep at $529) If you can get close to $250 for the mount, bbg, and furry, you'll really have a winner.

I own BBG and I like it, but if you add everything plus a Rycote low profile right angle XLR, it gets close to 300.

If the wind protection is better than a BBG then I would happily pay the premium, if it isn't, then yes, the price is too steep and I would prefer to invest similar money for a complete small windshield kit.

Edit: on NAB 2018 videos it fits an INV-Lite 19.

Thanks All,

very good input, indeed. I will definitely have a play to see if we can make something happen.

I might come back to you and ask some more question when I'm dicing into it.

Cheers,

Timo

46 minutes ago, TimoK said:

Thanks All,

very good input, indeed. I will definitely have a play to see if we can make something happen.

I might come back to you and ask some more question when I'm dicing into it.

Cheers,

Timo

What about the INV-lite 19 that Sanken used in NAB?

+1 INV-lite 19.     Wind bag- Cinela Leo-25 for MKH 50 or 40. transparent & light.

Add fur for about 200. total;  for Schoeps 641 it's a Cinela Leo-20.