MixPre knob

mrkva

Designed and 3D printed a "knob extender" for my MixPre-6. Even thick headphone jack connector still fits, but the knob has a better grip and is easier to reach when operated in a bag.
Download the .stl file (for 3D printing) here: http://knowledge.lom.audio/research/mixpre_knob

Or get it from our company here: https://lom-label.myshopify.com/products/mixpre-knob

mixpre_knob_v1_1.png

• 8 months later...

Thanks for sharing. Inspired by your idea I created my own knob design for my MixPre-6. I has rounded corners and fits to the MixPre´s fluent design. It allows for super easy control of the headphone encoder and is a huge improvement compared to using the tiny original HP encoder knob.

I attatched the .stl file for everyone to download and print. Commercial use not allowed. Have fun printing!

Download .stl file: MixPre_encoder_knob.stl

MixPre_encoder_knob_rendering.pngMixPre_encoder_knob_01.jpgMixPre_encoder_knob_02.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, TVPostSound said:

Janik, 

Thank you for the file.

What material did you use?

I have some leftover carbon fiber fill PLA, thinking of using that.

I used some simple PLA which I had lying around. I think the manufacturer is JANBEX, I bought it from Amazon almost two years ago and it has a soft, almost oily surface when printed, similar to nylon. All my other PLAs don't have that property.

I never printed with carbon fiber but I imagine it having quite a rough surface. So it might not be the best choice for a high skin contact usecase like this. But I might be wrong.

• 1 month later...

On 12/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, Janik Hampe said:

Thanks for sharing. Inspired by your idea I created my own knob design for my MixPre-6. I has rounded corners and fits to the MixPre´s fluent design. It allows for super easy control of the headphone encoder and is a huge improvement compared to using the tiny original HP encoder knob.

I attatched the .stl file for everyone to download and print. Commercial use not allowed. Have fun printing!

Download .stl file: MixPre_encoder_knob.stl

MixPre_encoder_knob_rendering.pngMixPre_encoder_knob_01.jpgMixPre_encoder_knob_02.jpg

Hey!
The STL seems to be unavailable, would you be willing to upload it again? :)

20 hours ago, Spin360 said:

Hey!
The STL seems to be unavailable, would you be willing to upload it again? :)

Hi there,

I just checked the original file uploaded to jwsoundgroup.net and was able to download it just fine. But I also published the file on Thingiverse so you might download it from there.