LOM instruments and microphones

mrkva

On 9.4.2018 at 11:47 AM, mrkva said:

There was one more post here I wanted to responed to but can't find it now. Strange.

That was me. I deleted it, as I was not sure if my questions made sense at all as I understood at that time.

First of all, I'd like to express, that it seems kinda cool what you do (and that what you offer is too low to play around what it is useful for... um I haven't said this ;-) ). However this is a rather professional users forum in a niche environment of audio production, as you probably know. The humble question is, how can your products be adapted in our world?

So do I understand the following correctly?

The Uši/Ucho have a TA3 connector (aka miniXLR); Uši refers to a matched pair of Uchos; Uši is Slovak for ears, Ucho for louse; They operate unbalanced on a 2-10V bias voltage, one pin is blind.

The Pro versions come with a cable that goes to some PCB board, fitted in a regular XLR(M), hosting an electronic balun circuit. This cable does more or less a comparable job of lets say a DPA DAD6001-BC or an Ambient EMPXLR or maybe a Schoeps CCM cable.

If I understood relevant parts of the above correctly:

Could you describe your matching process?

What is your pin assignment on the TA3 mic side?

Will (pre) orders be accepted for cable-less Uši/Ucho only on your webshop?

All the best

Daniel

Hey there Daniel,

thanks for the feedback!

On 10/04/2018 at 10:27 PM, DanieldH said:

So do I understand the following correctly?

The Uši/Ucho have a TA3 connector (aka miniXLR); Uši refers to a matched pair of Uchos; Uši is Slovak for ears, Ucho for louse; They operate unbalanced on a 2-10V bias voltage, one pin is blind.

Correct.

The Pro versions come with a cable that goes to some PCB board, fitted in a regular XLR(M), hosting an electronic balun circuit. This cable does more or less a comparable job of lets say a DPA DAD6001-BC or an Ambient EMPXLR or maybe a Schoeps CCM cable.

Correct. Fully balanced, impedance matched output using matched pair of transistors.

Could you describe your matching process?

I use calibrated and certified 1kHz 94dB SPL generator with adaptors (out mics are made to fit 1/2" and 1/4" size standards) and match microphone sensitivities to +/-0.1 dB at same room temperature and humidity. I just purchased a Earthworks M30 microphone with its own calibration file for more precise freq. response measurements (upon request and for internal design purposes).

What is your pin assignment on the TA3 mic side?

1 – GND, 2 – signal + power, 3 – NC

Will (pre) orders be accepted for cable-less Uši/Ucho only on your webshop?

For the moment I can do it as a custom order only. I have a plan to adapt the mikroUsi microphone line for the pro-location world – making custom versions with locking minijack, TA3, lemo – whatever required for use with wireless transmitters. Right now those can be ordered too via custom order.

Best place to get a quote on those is here: support@lom.audio

Small addition – we just announced a result of our collaboration with Rycote – Usi microphone mount: https://lom-label.myshopify.com/collections/microphones-accessories/products/rycote-usi-mount

Hope that helps!
Jonas