664 Power Issue

L7NirvanaLove

Hello guys, I ran into an issue with the SD 664 on set. I used the BDS4v to power a SRb and a 664 and ran into an issue with the 664 powering on and off randomly. At first I thought a cable might be loose so I checked everything to make sure nothing was loose and made sure to turn everything back off and on. At first the 664 kept cycling on and off until it suddenly stopped and stayed on. It worked for a bit and then it happened again. I then decided to change all the cables connected to the BDS and even swapped batteries. It seemed fine for 2 hours and then it starting doing it again. The BDS4v light never went out and the SRb never lost power either, only the 664 would lose power and cycle on and off. I'm hoping its not a 664 issue but I have contacted Sound Devices. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into a similar issue. 

4 hours ago, L7NirvanaLove said:

Hello guys, I ran into an issue with the SD 664 on set. I used the BDS4v to power a SRb and a 664 and ran into an issue with the 664 powering on and off randomly. At first I thought a cable might be loose so I checked everything to make sure nothing was loose and made sure to turn everything back off and on. At first the 664 kept cycling on and off until it suddenly stopped and stayed on. It worked for a bit and then it happened again. I then decided to change all the cables connected to the BDS and even swapped batteries. It seemed fine for 2 hours and then it starting doing it again. The BDS4v light never went out and the SRb never lost power either, only the 664 would lose power and cycle on and off. I'm hoping its not a 664 issue but I have contacted Sound Devices. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into a similar issue. 

What is the Firmware version # on the unit?

Did you ever switch to INT power? ( did the unit have 5x AA batts) 

Have you tested all cables and connections with a meter?

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Thanks for sharing.