Alt monitor (c|24) to HDMI?

Lin Chang

Hello again hive mind!

Im thinking in upgrading the TV set in my studio but I´ve found myself wondering "How will I send audio from my alt monitor output to the tv when VGA + PC In combo is gone? (at least from 90% of the new tvs available)

I´ve found splitters that come out of hdmi ports and then turn into wither components or even vga+ stereo mini jack audio but I haven´t been able to find the same kind of deal in the opposite direction (separate video and audio to a single hdmi). 

Most of the tv sets i´m interested in buying only have hdmi ports as inputs and some of them also have components. 

I currently have my alt monitor out from my c|24 connected to the audio pc in of my LG (quite old now) and video goes through a vga port (thunderbolt to vga to be more precise)

I need this to be able to check my mixes for tv shows through real life tv speakers. 

How are you guys doing this with new tv sets?

Many thanks!

Hello Lin,

I know your pain!

It is quite difficult these days to have a "shitbox" listen.

Depending on the length of the content I mix I sometime compress a quicktime to play on my phone.

Sometimes I put my main monitors thru SpeakerPhone. It can emulate all kind of tv sets and radio sets.

I think auratones are way too expensive!

My 0.02$

Franky

Franky03, i´m thinking of getting a sound bar as a shitbox as a solution to my problem, I don´t really knkow how good of a solution this is though. Tom, I can´t find audio+video to hdmi embedder, i do find it the other way around and even audio to hdmi embedder but with no video. Could you send me a link if you know where to find one?

Thanks to both of you :)