For Best Performance In An Audio Manufacturer's Short.. the Emmy Goes To....

Dave

I enjoyed this "short" :-))  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NltCxxyqFUU

Waiting for the next installment.

I think this has the potential to become a dark, heavy, action drama with car chase scenes and international intrigue... Episode One: These 2 poolside heavies plant Audio Ltd. wireless mics into Zaxcom headquarters in order to unlock the secret code ..... on second thought, maybe a comedy series would be the way to go....ha ha!

The MixPre 6 sounds good to my ear. Anyone know which wireless models, lavs and camera were used?

Cheers,

Dave

Well, this "short" took 10 minutes to do what could have been cute, but it was about 8 minutes too long. Audio, Ltd. wireless are really good digital wireless but having Kish be so patient explaining these things to someone who appears to be basically clueless doesn't really seem to help promote the gear.

Hey Jeff,

Hope all is well.  I think the guys are just having a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun and levity, unwinding after a long mind numbing trade show stint. Gabriel is by no means clueless - nice guy and he knows his stuff.  I think he's just having a laugh with improv and playing devil's advocate for light entertainment. He seems to be drawing on the Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap) school of spontaneous acting :-)

Hey, I'm Canadian and that's the kind of humour we love up here.... SCTV, Kid's In The Hall, Jim Carey, Tom Green, etc. ... our philosophy is if 2 minutes of improv banter is good, then 8 minutes is even better. :-)))

Have a great day Jeff!

Cheers,

Dave

Hey, Dave, I really did not mean the guy was really clueless, I just meant he looked and sounded like someone playing a character who is clueless. Also, I love the style of humor, it just didn't seem to work that well in this video.It's often the case that improvs like this produce real gems of humor, but sometimes not so much.... always a risk and maybe I should not be so critical of the effort.

Howdy Jeff,

Sorry, I'm with you now :-)))   Speaking of comedy - I'll bet you'd have a ton of cool stories to share about working with comedic actors. Do you have any favourite memories recording their voices? Are there any timing and delivery techniques that you have found the really good comedic actors have in common? When you work on those type of films (comedy), is there a different on-set vibe that develops?

Thanks kindly Jeff. By the way, really found your interviews with Matt Price very informative and inspiring.... thanks very much for sharing your knowledge.

Cheers,

Dave

On 4/24/2018 at 5:32 PM, cineli said:

"Lavallier" microphone: the name comes from Louise Françoise de La Baume Le Blanc, duchess de La Vallière (and mistress "paramour" of king Louis XIV). La "lavallière" is a very nice kind of...tie !

220px-Lavalliere.png

• The term lavaliere (lavalier), the name for a jeweled pendant necklace, comes from her name (or after Ève Lavallière).

In its original French, a lavallière designates a floppy neck tie tied to form a bow at the front of the neck (reminiscent of a pussy bow). It was a popular fashion in the 19th century.