Zoom F4 timecode freerun

kevcarlson

I have been running around with the Zoom F4, and it's cool how much it does for the price point.

Has anyone had some major issues with it out of the box?  I'm a whole number behind with the firmware, but didn't read any of my issues in the known issues literature for the updates.  A big one is getting the wrong channel PFL like it's bleeding through or routed improperly.  But there is no way to re-route it the way it was working.  Two tracks also shows up as a stereo track in Premiere even though they are both centered and should be recording polyphonic files.  If I arm a third track that is blank it shows up properly as a three track poly.  Anyway... that's not why I'm posting.

With cameras I'm used to the free-run timecode mode to run for days on end even when powered on and off.  The F4 resets the timecode to zero every time it's powered on.  I usually jam with the camera once a day, which should be plenty.  But I'll either have to let the F4 run all day or jam every time I power off.  Am I missing a way around this--is there a way to have the timecode run even when powered off?

about getting hard panned stereo tracks in Premiere - it’s the way that it handles two channel audio files by default, and most of editing software does the same

for F4 timecode resetting - switch it to “Int RTC run” so it’s gonna keep it in sync to internal clock every time you switch it on/off

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

just be aware if you set it to RTC, that everytime you turn it off, the Tc will be recreated from the internal clock and is not accurate to the TC you had before. You need to set it back to " free run" and jam it with your external source or sync all the external TC clocks to your f4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk