Rain Proofing Material for Indoor shoots on rainy days

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help/suggestions in terms of Rain Proofing Material when doing indoor shoots and cancelling out rain drop hits on rooftops. I've been told Hog Hair is really good for this, but I'm wondering if there is a cheaper material that I can source out. Any suggestions would be great! 

Thank you! :)

What also works to a degree is the filler material used for loudspeakers. Can’t remember the name. It’s basically the same as used in Remote Audios Rainman. To cover an entire roof you‘d need quite a lot and a way to fasten it, but it’s certainly cheaper than hog‘s hair. 

We've had to attack this kind of issue two ways: 1: preventing of the raindrops from hitting the roof directly (hogs hair, but also carpet or furni pads etc); and 2: mufflling the impact of the rain on the roof from the inside.   The former is always a messy operation esp if there is wind, with a little bit of a disposal problem at the end.  The latter is best solved by whatever sort of "attic" you can contrive over the shooting space.  For that we've used "gryflon" 12x and 20x goods in frames, sometimes with duvateen or furni pads added on top.   There are no easy solutions to this issue other than waiting for the rain to stop.